Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Respect

Array

School
    10th Planet Charlotte
    So true man! if it wasnt for the mad respect going on in NC we would have never had Fernando down. Its also nice that when we go to comps in the area we know that other schools are not out for a grudge match just cuz we're 10th planet.

Array

School
    Ground Control Winston-Salem/10th Planet Charlotte
    Great thread I can defenantly say nothing but positive experiences with everyone I have met in person. The only hate I have experienced has been on forums and I always assume those are people that are troll or never been to a Jiu Jitsu class in their lives. You know the let's don't and say we did crowd. Positive energy equals positive results.

Array

School
    ninthlevelmma, goldsboro, nc
    Jon, you know I respect you. Wanted to say thanks for your help a few months ago when I experienced some 10th planet hate. You talked to me and helped me understand that sometimes you have to be above it and at the time I didn't, but I ran into the head instructor from triangle jj the other night and while I could tell he was concerned that I was about to confront him bout it, I chose to rise above it and asked how he was doing. He responded and I went on to invite him to my seminar in Feb, which he immediately began albeit sideways, bashing tpjj. Some guys are just going to talk shit, but I just told him that it is always good to expand your game and told him that he was welcome anyway. Maybe he will come, maybe not, but I did what I think I should have done and took the higher road. Thanks again for showing me that road, otherwise there might have been a show at Walmart.

Array

School
    joe hurst jiu jitsu undercover 10thp charlotte
    It all good ...it is not really hate all the way it is politics....even at my gym which is a gracia barra gym we hear about so called hate within gracia barra system... thier is politics going on...and when you add in other school it ten folds,,,

Array

School
    joe hurst jiu jitsu undercover 10thp charlotte
    it a grudge match between me and you randall..lol

Array

School
    Charlotte Jiu Jitsu Academy
    You will always have guys that will hate. That will never change. We don't have to hate back though. Just be respectful it prove to them just how effective of a system 10PJJ is. You'll get respect back trust me. Well....that is unless you suck.

Array

School
    10th Planet Victoria
    Amen x 2!
    ---------------------
    www.fiercestudio.ca home of 10th Planet Jiu Jitsu Victoria
    Owner of Submissions 101

“To avoid criticism, do nothing, say nothing, and be nothing.”-Elbert Hubbard

Array

School
    10th Planet West LA
    I love to hear that its not all Hate going around! I travel all over the country and have trained at a number of different schools, In fact I trained at a Royler Gracie affiliate last night! no hate at all just good training and a great experience overall! But I agree respect goes along way and is earned by how you present yourself and your actions.

Array

School
    10th Planet Essex Hotbox
    Well said brother!

Quote Originally Posted by jon helton View Post
    for those who don't know, 10th planet charlotte only became official on august 1st. With the recent post of the 10th planet hate thread i just wanted to post about how i've had quite the opposite experience here.

Charlotte is a tough market for a 10th planet school (especially run by a blue belt). We have multiple black belts in the area and a ton of affiliates including gracie barra, alliance, royce network, hayastan, team one, pedro sauer affiliate, etc.
    I'm extremely grateful for the fact that i've had personal messages sent from every head instructor from around the area welcoming me and inviting me to train with them for free anytime. I have of course taken every single one up on their offer and i think gained a lot of respect from each of them for doing so. I know a lot of egos stop people from doing this.
    I've even had 4 different gracie black belts stop in to train with us within the past 6 weeks. We even have one of them teach on saturdays here at 10th planet charlotte.

Point being, i've gone out of my way to do everything i can to be on great terms with everybody and it has paid off ten fold. It irritates me to read all the threads about hate. It goes both ways. I know a lot of guys will still talk shit no matter what you do. Just do you thing on the mats. Respect goes a long way.
    ttt!

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast