Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: back pains?

Array

School
    iron monkey woodstock ont

back pains?

ok so i got jiu jitsu tonight i feel like i pulled a back muscle in my back. like i get a sharp pain when i take a deep breath or twist a cretin way. its not bad enough to make me not wanna go but it is annoying me would it be bad to go? can u pull a muscle more then it already is ?

Array

School
    KCBJJ
    What drills are you doing this week?

Array

School
    this is only my second class first one was Monday witch was 50 min of practicing are guard n techniques 40 min of rolling but this class is only a hour so im not really sure

Array

School
    GGBJJ
    You can definitely make things worse by pushing it to hard in class if you have back pain. Avoid drills that hurt & tell your training partners not to stack you when you roll. Also, try to avoid rolling with guys that are a lot bigger - all that weight causes more strain when you are on the bottom.

I struggled with lower back pain for months because I never gave it enough time to heal - its not worth it! Just take it easy for a week or two until you feel better.

Array

School
    Wichita Jiu Jitsu Club
    Are you sure you pulled a muscle? I often throw something in my back out of place, or a rib out of place and have to get t snapped back in. You might just need to get an alignment, or have someone pop your back for you.

Array

School
    thnx and great avatar by the way or pic or w.e alex grey great artist

Array

School
    idk ive tried yoga ive tried using a hot pad on it ive slept on the floor ive done every thing i can think of yet still no result

Robert Sevigny

i hear YOGA helps, i dont practice it but ive heard good things for bad backs
    anyone got proof of this fact?

Array

School
    Wichita Jiu Jitsu Club
    I'm not a physician of any way, I'm only going off of personal experiences. But your comment about a sharp pain when you take a breath sounds like you might have a rib out. I would have it checked out if it keeps up for too long. Having my back popped always helps me.

Array

School
    KCBJJ
    Quote Originally Posted by alexander_evoy View Post
    this is only my second class first one was Monday witch was 50 min of practicing are guard n techniques 40 min of rolling but this class is only a hour so im not really sure
    Guard work can be rough on the back. If you plan on going I recommend letting your partner know about your back and having him either lighten up any stacking pressure or even avoiding it all together. Supporting somebodies body weight with your lower back can really destroy your back. I've learned to support stacking weight up on my shoulders to alleviate pressure off of my back, but explaining that via a message post is sort of pointless.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast