Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Array

School
    10th Planet JJ Ronin

The Stoppage hendo vs fedor

I say it was a good stoopage and Herb Dean is the best in the game. I say if you faceplant, with both arms underneath your body, and take 2 unanswered h-bombs, The reff needs to stop it. What do you think 10th planet brethren.
    10th Planet, It's How I Roll

Array

School
    Zombie BJJ - RMNU
    I thought it was a little early because of who it was
    and the fact that he was turning over onto his back
    before it was actually stopped. I saw Herb moving
    in and knew it was over, but was hoping he would
    back off once he saw Fedor turning back over.

He was down hard, and it may have been over in 5 seconds
    after that, but I would have liked to see if Fedor could have
    got his hands back up once he rolled over.

Array

School
    Liverpool Vale Tudo
    I think it was a good stoppage as the possibility of him getting hurt was very high. Although I would like to have seen Herb Dean let it continue a la Kongo vs. Barry because we all know what happened there!

Array

School
    credit to E.Mays & N.Coleman
    4:43 fedor only got punched 3 times before the ref stopped it. It kinda looked like he went limp for a second, I mean taking shots to the back of the head could potentially do that, but fedor had enough sense to turn into the man...

shouldn't have been stopped so quickly

Array

School
    Dragon Brand Martial Arts
    When a guy is getting hit illegally to the back of the head and neck the ref should step in but Fedor was not done. Herb did his job protecting Fedor but should have given Henderson a warning and continued match. Rematch

good stoppage. however, i dont get the whole time to retire talk for fedor. people calling him washed up with a 31-4 record.. sure the last 3 fights were the 3 losses, but look at the losses. he wasnt dominated by werdum just got caught with a triangle. hendo and him were neck and neck until he got one well placed right hand as hendo was transitioning from getting worked. silva was the only dude that actually worked fedor.
    now if it was 3 fights just like his against silva...back to back.. retirement would make sense. not the case though

Array

School
    CSW Fullerton, CA
    In the words of Chael "Fedor, Sucks!"

3-3...

Array

School
    nowhere atm
    it was a good stoppage. however i don't think fedor should retire. he still looked dangerous and i think he still has some fight left in him.

Array

School
    Carlson Gracie Miami/10P Miami/Ft. Laud Hotbox remnant
    After the slow motion replay, the uppercut the snuck through while Hendo was in the side ride position was solid. It was the right call with the stoppage. Sucks that Fedor is aging though. He's one of my favorite fighters of all time. He really should have been reigning in the UFC.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast