Page 10 of 20 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast
    Because instead of policing the world, wasting our resources, and wasting the lives of our military personel, they'd be right here at home. Wasting far less money. Most of the shit we're into with other countries was started by us being in unwanted territory in the first place, us being in the middle east is only making more people pissy with the US. Our national security is not served by spreading our forces accross the globe. All great nations of the past have fallen when spread too thin. Not to mention we cannot afford the wars, world wide military bases, and all the costs, both initial and from fallout, or any of it really. Our nation is bankrupt and can hardly figure out what to do with our own economy. Why should we be nation building/terrorist hunting/any of it, when our national security would be better off with our troops at home. Not to mention the billions to be saved.

Array

School
    Iron Fist Gym
    The gist of this thread: Ron Paul FTW

Array

School
    10th Planet
    what qualified obama to be the president?

Ron Paul has been a congressman for almost 30 years, he has more experience than who he would be replacing.

you offer no legitimate rebuttal to his desire to reestablish the gold standard. Re instituting the gold standard would ensure the dollar could never again lose its value. the federal reserve (which is a made up of a group of private mega banks and is no more federal than the federal express) print the money, use it at full value and then lend it back to us the taxpayers with interest. its a fraudulent system.

and give up the nonsense about religion. regardless of what he believes, he understands that the constitution does not give anyone the authority to shove their own beliefs down someone ells throats.

Array

School
    10th Planet
    Quote Originally Posted by The kza View Post
    Could you explain why his foreign policy is 'just what we need'
    this is another hot button issue with me, i did college reports on this topic, so ill do my best to condense it down while adding substance.

the USA has had a nasty habit of foreign intervention that has caused blowback (unintended consequences) for their actions abroad. Ron Paul believes we should end all foreign aid to all other nations because we cant afford our own debts and we do other countries a disservice by pumping money into their economies. rather than let them and their markets solve their own problems we keep things that should fail afloat with our aid and eventually that aid will end probably because of default.

anyway on to foreign intervention.

in the early 1950s the CIA launched an covert operation codenamed TPAJAX that was designed to oust the democratically elected mohammad mosaddeq and "preserved the Shah's power and protected Western control of a hugely lucrative oil infrastructure."

long story short, the shah was a brutal dictator who regularly violated human rights and the iranians have not forgotten how he got into power.

this is the meddling that we need to end. the wars in iraq and afghanistan are no different. do you even remember what the excuse was to enter iraq? and if bin laden is dead, then why are troops still in afghanistan?

FYI I am a Marine with 2 combat deployments to Afghanistan and received a Purple Heart because of an IED strike.

Here is a little reading you can do from the CIA's own website about their foreign meddling.

https://www.cia.gov/library/center-f...article10.html

Ron Paul's views are as one of our founders put it

"Peace, commerce, and honest friendship with all nations — entangling alliances with none." ~ Thomas Jefferson.

I kind of hope he wins now
    Just to see him destroy this country
    So wen fe fall captive to china i can blame it all on a republican

Array

School
    Carlson Gracie Miami/10P Miami/Ft. Laud Hotbox remnant
    Quote Originally Posted by Chris Ludington View Post
    Personally I would love nothing more than an outspoken atheist become our next president.
    At least we can dream my brother.....Maybe in our childrens' childrens' lifetime they'll get to see it, and a USA not mired in religion.

Quote Originally Posted by Corky View Post
    I kind of hope he wins now
    Just to see him destroy this country
    So wen fe fall captive to china i can blame it all on a republican
    You have no idea wats going on i wish there was a button on this forum that was "Do not show posts by corky"

Quote Originally Posted by Jason_C View Post
    what qualified obama to be the president?

Ron Paul has been a congressman for almost 30 years, he has more experience than who he would be replacing.

you offer no legitimate rebuttal to his desire to reestablish the gold standard. Re instituting the gold standard would ensure the dollar could never again lose its value. the federal reserve (which is a made up of a group of private mega banks and is no more federal than the federal express) print the money, use it at full value and then lend it back to us the taxpayers with interest. its a fraudulent system.

and give up the nonsense about religion. regardless of what he believes, he understands that the constitution does not give anyone the authority to shove their own beliefs down someone ells throats.
    +10

You sir are a hero and a fucking genius...

I hope more people listen to you, a Ron Paul presidency would set this country up for success for a long time. I mean think about it, If Ron serves two terms and the country thrives, Ron will essentially (hopefully) be allowed to basically handpick the next president. That president would continue on Ron Paul's awesome legacy. holy shit i hope he wins...

Quote Originally Posted by Enrique "Kiko" View Post
    At least we can dream my brother.....Maybe in our childrens' childrens' lifetime they'll get to see it, and a USA not mired in religion.
    If he was truly a good president and did what he was supposed to his faith (or lack thereof) would be irrelevant...which is exactly how Ron Paul will runs things imo. Ya know?

Array

School
    10th Planet
    i appreciate the kind words but to be honest, i think Ron would be assassinated before or shortly after he took office.

the last guy who talked about abolishing the CIA and the Federal Reserve took a bullet to the dome piece.

Page 10 of 20 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast