Page 10 of 15 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast

Array

School
    Ronin
    Quote Originally Posted by David Rosado View Post
    I'm disappointed in a lot of guys here.
    Quite frankly...nobody gives a shit.

I will adress the rest of your post later, if I still care, when I have time.
    formerly known as jmw0582

Well i guess MMA just isn't for me anymore. I feel it has gone from a display of strong efficient combat abilities to point sparring al la Karate...

Array

School
    10th Planet Rochester
    Jackson talks about the fight strategy against Diaz (video)

http://www.mixedmartialarts.com/news...Internet-but-/

Array

School
    10th Planet Jiu Jitsu
    So much cry baby in this thread it's embarrassing. I'm disappointed in a lot of guys here.
    You act like your opinion is held in such high regard in this forum. Youre disappointed that people in this thread have a different opinion than you? Its not like we're a select few that believe Diaz won at least 3 rounds (some people more). Its pretty divided man. I'm sure you're right though, guys like Pat Militech, Duke Roufus, and Mark Munoz are just HUGE Diaz fans that they're just blinded. Yeah that's it.
    #10thplanetFREAKS

Array

School
    10th Planet San Francisco
    Condit can't have it both ways: he is either a killer, or he's a smart guy. He may have earned his moniker as the Natural Born Killer, but he chose to be the smart guy in the stiffest test to his killer reputation to date. After that fight it was clear that he did not care about cementing his legacy as the world's most badass fighter nearly as much as he cared about being the WW champion. Forgive us fans if we're a little upset that the smart guy showed up.

Array

School
    Ronin (10thP Rochester roots)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jonathan Wylie View Post
    Quite frankly...nobody gives a shit.

I will adress the rest of your post later, if I still care, when I have time.
    Why you mad then?

Quote Originally Posted by Cody Kietzman View Post
    Well i guess MMA just isn't for me anymore. I feel it has gone from a display of strong efficient combat abilities to point sparring al la Karate...
    I think Condit displayed efficient combat abilities. You can't blame a guy for not being able to KO Diaz. Daley hits harder and couldn't do it. Don't give up on MMA off one fight. LOL.

Quote Originally Posted by Brent Smith View Post
    You act like your opinion is held in such high regard in this forum. Youre disappointed that people in this thread have a different opinion than you? Its not like we're a select few that believe Diaz won at least 3 rounds (some people more). Its pretty divided man. I'm sure you're right though, guys like Pat Militech, Duke Roufus, and Mark Munoz are just HUGE Diaz fans that they're just blinded. Yeah that's it.
    LOL. My opinion is one opinion. I'm disappointed in the whining. Few people have actually put together rational arguments. Most people are just saying Condit ran while disregarding that he controlled the fight and landed more and nullified Nick's whole style. I consider this forum to be a little smarter than the average MMA fan so I'm surprised that I'm seeing more emotional responses to what people don't LIKE vs strong analysis for what actually happened. That's all.

But it's not like I'm the Jesus of MMA analysis. Maybe disappointed is the wrong word. Maybe I should say surprised. But there is a lotta cry baby going on though. We can disagree and still be friends though.

Array

School
    Ronin (10thP Rochester roots)
    Quote Originally Posted by David Stager View Post
    Condit can't have it both ways: he is either a killer, or he's a smart guy. He may have earned his moniker as the Natural Born Killer, but he chose to be the smart guy in the stiffest test to his killer reputation to date. After that fight it was clear that he did not care about cementing his legacy as the world's most badass fighter nearly as much as he cared about being the WW champion. Forgive us fans if we're a little upset that the smart guy showed up.
    How does Condit kill? What is Condit to do if he still wants to win, but doesn't have the tools to kill Nick Diaz? He employs a winning strategy. And I dont' see how he can't be both.

Array

School
    10th Planet San Francisco
    If you go around calling yourself the Natural Born Killer, you should want to put that reputation on the line and go for broke. Otherwise get a new nickname. Nick Diaz came into this fight looking to find out if he really was as much of a badass as he thought he was. The same cannot be said for Condit.

I think Condit displayed efficient combat abilities. You can't blame a guy for not being able to KO Diaz. Daley hits harder and couldn't do it. Don't give up on MMA off one fight. LOL.
    Yes but I dont think Daley was trying to "out point" him either. I just don't want to see that. To me that is point sparring Karate. Could you imagine going to a Jiu Jitsu tourny and have the game plan of taking someone down then stalling until you win because you are afraid the other guy may sub you? No way I'm going for the sub every time and if i don't get it then at least i went out there and busted my ass you know? (Not that Lyoto Machida/Thompson shit where they knock guys out because that shit is legit)

Quote Originally Posted by Cody Kietzman View Post
    Yes but I dont think Daley was trying to "out point" him either. I just don't want to see that. To me that is point sparring Karate. (Not that Lyoto Machida/Thompson shit where they knock guys out because that shit is legit) Could you imagine going to a Jiu Jitsu tourny and have the game plan of taking someone down then stalling until you win because you are afraid the other guy may sub you? No way I'm going for the sub every time and if i don't get it then at least i went out there and busted my ass you know?
    Sorry fixed!!

Page 10 of 15 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast