Page 4 of 15 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Array

School
    Dark Horse SWA\10th Planet Bear DE
    MMA is about strengths an weaknesses. Condit is not a boring fighter. If you watch any of his previous fights you will see how exciting he can be. It was definately not the most exciting fight an I was disappointed with the entertainment of it too... The whole card was pretty sluggish in my opinion. If I'm Nick Diaz though an i have his jitz pedigree why not make the adjustment an go for takedowns an take the fight to the ground? Nick could of adjusted to the fight but for whatever reason he choose to be 1 dimensional an just box the whole time. I don't fault Condit for nick havin a brick for a brain.

Array

School
    Piittman's BJJ
    I think Condit won the fight. All Nick did was try to hunt him done and pin him up against the cage for the first 4 rounds. While I know everyone has their opinions on what makes a good fight, I liked Condit's approach. His thought process was simular to Sugar Ray not fighting Haggler's style of fight, consitantly moving and making the fighter chase. Say what you want but the object is to fight your style of fight not someone elses. If Nick truely was upset he needed to be upset at himself for not cutting Condit escape route effectively. He acted like Condit was going to just sit there and say hit me.
    To put this in Jiu Jitsu terms, that we be going against a guy who has a good top game and is upset because you won't let him have the mount or side control.

Array

School
    10th Planet Jiu Jitsu
    Ill let Condit have his win even though I dont agree with it. I just hope Diaz was speaking out of emotion and doesnt actually retire. Just like I hope Penn doesnt actually retire.
    #10thplanetFREAKS

Array

School
    10th Planet & Nova Uniao
    What can we do about boring fights?
    http://www.mixedmartialarts.com/news...boring-fights/

Array

School
    NA
    i would say condit won...he did apply his gameplan which was not to go into diaz's game. it's all jokes with the kalib starnes thing because he evaded nick a bit, but he did engage him which is completely different than what kalib did. that being said i hope diaz doesnt quit. i do hope condit wins the title...i like gsp a bit but i think condit makes for a great champ...if gsp loses i'd love to see gsp vs. diaz still. that'd be awesome

Array

School
    10th Planet & Nova Uniao
    "I think the fans are mad at the way Carlos Condit fought. Too fucking bad. He came in with a game plan and stuck to it and won." - Dana White

Too fucking bad? Is Dana really saying fuck what the fans think? We'll see what he's saying when fighting like this ruins MMA for everyone.

Array

School
    10th Planet Jiu Jitsu
    Quote Originally Posted by Andrew Maxwell View Post
    "I think the fans are mad at the way Carlos Condit fought. Too fucking bad. He came in with a game plan and stuck to it and won." - Dana White

Too fucking bad? Is Dana really saying fuck what the fans think? We'll see what he's saying when fighting like this ruins MMA for everyone.
    Dana is a dipshit. Anything he says i take with a grain of salt. Have you rewatched the fight yet Andrew? Its a little more entertaining knowing the outcome
    #10thplanetFREAKS

Array

School
    10th Planet Van Nuys

I think he is trying to say that today's MMA is a bit more than Don Fry VS Yoshihiro Takayama style matchups. There are gameplans that fighters utilize to expose the weakness of the other fighter. It looks like if someone is not standing directly in front of Nick Diaz and actually using the head, body and foot work that his instructors are teaching, Nick Diaz has trouble accumulating damage on his oppponent. Since he throws most of his strikes at %50 or less (arbitrary number), he can't damage his opponent to the point of exhaustion so neither TKO's his opponent nor wins the decision.

Array

School
    10th Planet Jiu Jitsu
    What can we do about boring fights?
    http://www.mixedmartialarts.com/news...boring-fights/
    Great article. I like the idea of bringing the yellow card in but Id be afraid of giving refs that power
    #10thplanetFREAKS

Array

School
    10th Planet & Nova Uniao
    Quote Originally Posted by AndyK5 View Post
    I think he is trying to say that today's MMA is a bit more than Don Fry VS Yoshihiro Takayama style matchups. There are gameplans that fighters utilize to expose the weakness of the other fighter. It looks like if someone is not standing directly in front of Nick Diaz and actually using the head, body and foot work that his instructors are teaching, Nick Diaz has trouble accumulating damage on his oppponent. Since he throws most of his strikes at %50 or less (arbitrary number), he can't damage his opponent to the point of exhaustion so neither TKO's his opponent nor wins the decision.
    I'm not saying I just want two guys to go in there stand toe to toe and smash face until someone drops (although that is entertaining too). I just want fighters to remember that fans are the ones who make it possible for them to do what they love and the fighters should appreciate that and not turn around and then rob the fans of excitement they paid for by trying to play a point game. Condit knew going into this fight that it was hyped up as and expected to be a war and he should of known his game plan would alienate the fans who were excited to see a war.

Page 4 of 15 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast