Page 5 of 15 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Array

School
    10th Planet & Nova Uniao
    Quote Originally Posted by Brent Smith View Post
    Dana is a dipshit. Anything he says i take with a grain of salt. Have you rewatched the fight yet Andrew? Its a little more entertaining knowing the outcome
    Yeah I've watched it a few times now lol

Array

School
    10th Planet & Nova Uniao
    Quote Originally Posted by Brent Smith View Post
    Great article. I like the idea of bringing the yellow card in but Id be afraid of giving refs that power
    Yeah I agree, I'm not sure the yellow card is the best idea because of how it could be abused. I would like to see the scoring criteria more clearly defined and less vague. Things like octagon control, dominate position, and aggression are to vague. Like when a fighter is in another fighters guard, usually the top is a dominate position but we've all seen fights where the guy on bottom is either the more effective striker or throwing so many subs at the guy on top that it looks like he's drowning, yet the guy on top gets points for dominate position. I just wish there were no decisions lol

Array

School
    Team AMMA
    Can a guy seriously be accused of running when he lands more strikes than the other guy?

Like it or not MMA is a sport. I was much bigger fan of Diaz than I was Condit, but Condit's game plan was perfect for fighting Diaz and it showed. I actually had it 4-1 for Condit.

Really interesting fight. Not as enjoyable as I thought it would be, but nothing but respect for Condit and how he went about getting the win.

Werdum's striking was also unbelievable. Impressed
    www.twitter.com/totalpac

www.totalpackagepromotions.net
    Don't stop dreaming just cause you wake

Array

School
    10th pl.-Ronin
    QFT!

With the current rule system you can't blame Condit. He took on a fighter that destroys everyone, and picked him apart with a great game-plan. If one wants to see a different type of game-plan dominate in the UFC, then they should implement Pride rules, (Which won't happen because of the athletic commission)

Accumulation of damage and effort to finish was key components of the Pride rules, and it shoved. It mimicked self defence, because you have to finish your opponent as fast as possible.

I think it was an exciting fight by the way. From a technical and strategic standpoint.

I was rooting for Diaz, but I had Condit three rounds and Diaz the first two. All 10-9 rounds-

Array

School
    10th Planet Ronin
    Initially, I was upset about the outcome. Rewatching it now I can see how they gave it to Condit being the more diverse striker. I still don't agree about the decision, but that's the formula to beat Diaz. Sadly, it's not the most spectacular style or strategy. I say let them rematch while GSP is recovering!

Array

School
    None
    Game plans are boring sometimes; I'd like to see more fight plans.

Array

School
    Ronin around with couple Guys
    Nick diaz vs koscheck lets do it.

Array

School
    10th Planet Jiu Jitsu
    Quote Originally Posted by Nickflores View Post
    Initially, I was upset about the outcome. Rewatching it now I can see how they gave it to Condit being the more diverse striker. I still don't agree about the decision, but that's the formula to beat Diaz. Sadly, it's not the most spectacular style or strategy. I say let them rematch while GSP is recovering!
    That idea has been thrown out there but I dunno if I want to see that fight again. Id rather see Diaz/Kos than see a rematch

Just to get away from the fatty weight classes for a tic, Dustin Poirer looked pretty good against new comer Max Holloway. Holloway actually looked decent on the feet but once Poirer got the Matt Hughes slam it was all done for.

http://fightnext.com/video/1H52AAX8S...loway--UFC-143
    #10thplanetFREAKS

I watched to see a battle. and well it went all 5. No one thought fighters could keep up with Diaz pace. Well Condit did and won the "judges decision." Hats off to him.
    And Diaz complaining about money again? Would he complain if he won? bad form even for a good fighter.

Array

School
    Ronin
    I just got done watching the fight again and Nick beat him worse than I thought!
    Nick landed more strikes to the body and head. The difference was in the leg kicks, Nick is southpaw and Condit is a righty it was easy to land those front leg leg kicks problem is they don't carry the same weight as a back leg leg kick as evidenced by Nick being unfazed by them and continuing to move forward for all 5 rounds. The only time Condit did use his back leg he was contacting with the bottom of his foot which is like slapping somebody on the shoulder but yet those are calculated as kicks. If it was a game of tag then he won. I had Carlos in the 4th every other round I had for Diaz. Diaz landed more significant strikes.
    formerly known as jmw0582

Page 5 of 15 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast