Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Array

School
    10th Planet Santa Fe
    I try and do crossfit at least 1-2 times a week.

Array

School
    10th Planet Birmingham UK
    Doing weights correctly is very good for injury prevention.

Personally dont have a mega organised must-do such and such on set days routine. But I do normally get 1 power lifting session, 1 Randy Couture grapplers barbell circuit (or similar muscle endurance type workout) and 1 high intensity caveman or hurricane type circuit in per week.

This is what I will do even during an 8 week fight camp. For most grapplers I would say this is verging on excessive and as long as youre doing smart weight lifting once or more a week then youre just fine.

I would never choose weights over jiu jitsu as that to me doesnt make any sense.

Array

School
    10th Planet Jiu Jitsu Montreal
    I just roll.
    Head Instructor of 10th Planet Jiu Jitsu Montreal

WWW.10thplanetjiujitsumtl.com

Array

School
    Lake Effect jiu jitsu
    I once read that Marcello doesn't do anything but Jits!!

Array

School
    10th Planet Headquarters
    I lift weights 5-6 days per week. It's easy for me because I can walk to the gym. I feel like it helps my jiu jitsu, but I'm also very conscious not to rely on my strength.

Array

School
    10th Planet HQ/ Brentwood BJJ
    I lift 3-5 days a week... atleast 2 days of working out with an Elevation mask.... it helps.

Array

School
    10th Planet Hollywood
    I lift heavy 3x per week following the starting strength program (heavy squats, deads, and other compound lifts). I've been taking a break recently from BJJ, but when I was training, I was lifting 3x per week and doing bjj 3x per week. I found I would run into recovery issues and constantly go through cycles of train hard for 3 weeks, get sick from over training for a week. I will be starting BJJ again soon and will probably cut back lifting to 2x per week and bjj 3x per week.

I don't believe anyone at our gym really lifts weights. We just train a ton of jiu jitsu. Some guys breakdance and do other exercises where they are lifting they're own body weight but that's about it. I do think stretching is very important though. Everyday I'm constantly getting more flexible just by stretching before and after each class.

Also here's a question from a recent interview with Guilherme Mendes.
    Gui is asked what are the most common mistakes made at the lower belts?
    "One common mistake is putting a lot of emphasis on physical conditioning and neglecting your studies on the mat. The most important thing in the colored belt group is to learn jiu jitsu. Study a lot and train a lot, more than all the other students; be the first to arrive and last to leave."

Array

School
    10th Planet HQ
    I lift 3 times a week, 1 day all pulling, 5 different angles, 1 day all pushing 5 different angles, and 1 day of squats and leg curls, makes a GIANT difference in rolling
    Follow me on Instagram @eddiebravo10p

SUBSCRIBE to my videos youtube.com/twistereddie

Array

School
    Leading Edge MMA
    Four times a week, and I stick with Crossfit. I will do it in the morning, and have my BJJ in the evening, as to give my body time to rest in between activities. No problems with it, and I feel great.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast