Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: New Submissions

Array

School
    train my self
    I don't actually attend any school but I have visited a few, just throwing that out there so no one takes others opinion of me and projects that to some legitimate school

Array

School
    Rhyno's Gym
    Quote Originally Posted by evanellerbe View Post
    I don't actually attend any school but I have visited a few, just throwing that out there so no one takes others opinion of me and projects that to some legitimate school
    If you are really serious about BJJ and have the means to pay tuition fees at a legit BJJ school that's really what you should be doing. Even if you have a couple friends you roll with and you learn off of videos on the net, that can only take you so far. Learning from the Internet is awesome but you have to have good guys to roll against, to learn from, and to try out the techniques you learn from books or the net on. Chances are if you are rolling with other guys that are around your level you aren't going to improve much. The awesome thing about enrolling at a BJJ school, other than the instruction you will recieve, is that there is going be guys there that are so much better than you it will make you feel as though you have no hope at ever becoming good at BJJ; those are the type of environments where you really learn and become proficient at BJJ. Good luck.

Array

School
    train my self
    I actually don't have any friends that roll,I have definitely rolled with people ( mostly in school visits and people at college that attend legitimate schools ) that should of been better than me , but have not run into the case in which there more knowledgeable or skilled than me , also I am not scared of scrutiny ( or I probably wouldn't be here ) but spiders and werewolves now that stuff is scary ,

Array

School
    KCBJJ
    Quote Originally Posted by evanellerbe View Post
    I actually don't have any friends that roll,I have definitely rolled with people ( mostly in school visits and people at college that attend legitimate schools ) that should of been better than me , but have not run into the case in which there more knowledgeable or skilled than me , also I am not scared of scrutiny ( or I probably wouldn't be here ) but spiders and werewolves now that stuff is scary ,
    More than likely they were full of beans. Most people are. It is humbling and mentally jarring when you are toyed with and handled like a 12 year old girl by a BJJ black belt. The experience cannot be explained but it's both soul crushing and inspiring at the same time. I invite you to search for it.

Array

School
    Zombie BJJ - RMNU
    To quote Eddie in Jiu-Jitsu Unleashed:

"When I first started training jiu-jitsu, everytime I went for an arm bar
    from the guard my opponent would press his weight down into me,
    making it nearly impossible for me to extend my hips and lock in the submission.
    This was a big setback because arm bars are the most common submission
    from the guard. I asked Jean Jacques what to do, and he told me that when
    grappling with a larger or stronger opponent I shouldn't attempt to lock out
    his arm while lying on my back. Instead, I should use the control I had on my
    opponent's arm to sweep him. (etc etc etc to spiderweb) The success I had
    with this position (Spiderweb) helped me realize just how important it was
    not to simply jump into a submission all at once. If I had continued jumping
    into the arm bar from the guard and hoping for the best, I never would have
    realized that there was another option available."

Thought that was appropriate here, and may be helpful.

Array

School
    Rhyno's Gym
    Quote Originally Posted by AJ Camacho View Post
    More than likely they were full of beans. Most people are. It is humbling and mentally jarring when you are toyed with and handled like a 12 year old girl by a BJJ black belt. The experience cannot be explained but it's both soul crushing and inspiring at the same time. I invite you to search for it.
    This!

Array

School
    credit to E.Mays & N.Coleman
    Looks like those submissions are just made up tp get attention as a new poster.... go attend a bjj school then post the video of the submission, not some youtube clip of a highschooler attempting to explain something that can only be understood in realtime sparring

Array

School
    train my self
    Ok thank u jitsu gods , I have never rolled with anyone of worth and Yall know this without a doubt so u must be,omnipotent I came here expecting something different than regurgitated words of wisdom from every high Lvl bjj guy I've made eat those words. I'm gonna do Yall a favor and never post here in the realm of superiority again , but u know were I am (its,in my profile) and I have never passed up a challenge , but I have definitely had people back out of them thanx ,good morning, and if I don't see ya ,,good afternoon ,good evening ,and good night (truman show ) and if ur getting handled like a lil girl by someone who isn't twice ur size u might wanna get a book ,pamphlet or seminar on jits then check ur hand mirror to see if ur sideways smile is still there

Array

School
    Peter De Been Caroline Springs
    oh how sad i guess the only thing i can add is.. good riddance

What high level BJJ guys have you crushed???? I would love to hear the backstory of you dominating some "high level" legit jiu jitsu player with the throwup armbar. This has got to be a troll.

Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast