Page 8 of 13 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Array

School
    Head instructor 10th Planet Mobile
    Quote Originally Posted by Justin Patten View Post
    Don't theses guys train fuckin Jiu Jitsu??!!!
    How many subs do you have in mma?

Array

School
    10th Planet Ronin
    0. I have 0. Not sure how that's relevant though. Bored?

Array

School
    10P Gulf Shores, Atlanta, Atmore
    Right

Array

School
    Don't theses guys train fuckin Jiu Jitsu??!!!
    Yes, they train jj. Alot and at a very high level. Now if you would elaborate on what seems to be a rhetorical question you would find relevance in mine. In short. Whats your point.

Lets just say I dont get bored. Ever.

Array

School
    10th Planet Walnut Creek
    From the San Francisco Bay Area California.
    It sort of makes your insult (disguised as a question) pretty moot then doesn't it? Both of them have unreal Jiu Jitsu, Bobby Rivers has great Jiu Jitsu, debate this with anyone of this forum...Don't worry I'll wait.

Array

School
    10th Planet Jiu Jitsu
    Can't grapple with someone that refuses to go to the ground
    #10thplanetFREAKS

Array

School
    10th Planet Ronin
    Bobby, you'll notice I don't have a lot of posts. The reason for that is that people like yourself like to come out of the woodwork and start shit just for the sake of cyber arguing. The reasons I believe that are A: I already elaborated on my question in response to the first person to reply to this thread. I agree that they are high level Jiu Jitsu guys. It is my opinion that if that is your strong point, maybe try to use it. In Frank's last fight and in Vinny's, neither man made even an attempt to take the fight to the ground. I understand not being able to do it. I do not understand not even trying. B: 90% of the posts in this thread agree with me. If they won't even make the attempt, what does that say to the world about the effectiveness of Jiu Jitsu n a fight? Or their confidence in their Jiu Jitsu? Removing your strong point from the fight is a clear disadvantage, no? Maybe read the thread first, Bro. Loosen up. Maybe have a coke and a smile. It's all gonna be ok.

Array

School
    Bobby, you'll notice I don't have a lot of posts. The reason for that is that people like yourself like to come out of the woodwork and start shit just for the sake of cyber arguing. The reasons I believe that are A: I already elaborated on my question in response to the first person to reply to this thread. I agree that they are high level Jiu Jitsu guys. It is my opinion that if that is your strong point, maybe try to use it. In Frank's last fight and in Vinny's, neither man made even an attempt to take the fight to the ground. I understand not being able to do it. I do not understand not even trying. B: 90% of the posts in this thread agree with me. If they won't even make the attempt, what does that say to the world about the effectiveness of Jiu Jitsu n a fight? Or their confidence in their Jiu Jitsu? Removing your strong point from the fight is a clear disadvantage, no? Maybe read the thread first, Bro. Loosen up. Maybe have a coke and a smile. It's all gonna be ok.
    I didnt come out of the woodwork, Im a mainstay. Don't be so defensive and post away. Words are but wind.

If you calculated 90% agree, then I disagree with all of them as well. I have fought. I fought a wrestler that wanted to throw haymakers at me till I was twitching unconscious, and at that point in my career I couldn't take him down. I knew if I could just get this bastard to the ground I could quit dodging/absorbing overhand lefts and finish him. I was confident before the fight and that slowly melted as I realised I couldn't dictate my game. I eventually desperately pulled guard and lived happily ever after, but i was an eye opener. And this guy was faaar from world class, so I can empathise with a competitor that has a rough night. He needs to go back to the drawing bored and learn how to force the amazing jj he possesses, against an opponent, who is very capable of stopping him from doing so. Its not easy and doesnt mean jj sucks. The sport is evolving. The lack of faith shouldnt surprise me. Many quit believing when true adversity is before us. Like wrestlers and strikers beatin up jj guys.

Are you sure they never tried to get the fight down? Frank did, Cormier said 'nope'. Frank underestimated his olympic level wrestling. Vinny got Phil down and I thought the fight was over. It wasn't and Phil refused to let it happen again.

I read everything. I didnt attack you. I asked you a question. You didnt like it. I won't loosen up because space is your enemy when being offensive with jj. I prefer to stay tight as a snare drum. I only drink coke with lots of rum in it and you can best believe, I stay smilin

Array

School
    Between my 2000 posts on this forum and 2000 on the old roughly 133 were calling out armchair fighters. Nothing personal agaisnt you, just something I do.

Vinny is a forum member. I want him to know he's supported here win, lose, or draw.

Sean, whats 'right'?

Array

School
    10th Planet Ronin
    Cool, man. Cool. Do your thing.......Watch out Sean. Looks like you're next in line.

Page 8 of 13 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast