Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

working on NO-GI grip strength!

I have been trying to work on some grip strength, but would like to know if anyone out there has any good workouts or exercises for it?

Array

School
    10th Planet Portland
    any grip strength I have is from manual labor. there is nothing like swinging a hammer, digging at ditch or splitting wood to make your hands strong. but if you don't do any of those thing just good ol' fashion rope climbing works very well.
    10th Planet Jiu Jitsu Portland Moon Head/Instructor
    My youtube page http://www.youtube.com/user/monzon421
    Use the discount code DEADORCHARD at Phalanxfc.com to get %15 off any purchase.

Ya, I got you. i have been working with ropes for a little bit now

Array

School
    Rock ministries of philadelphia/ 10th planet Philly hotbox
    train da gi you must

Do deadlifts, rope climbing, pull ups, chin ups .. will all help your grip and help you overall

Array

School
    10th Planet Jiu Jitsu
    Gi pull ups. I had one of those hand grippers and they work well as long as you constantly use it. Lost mine and haven't replaced it yet. Kettle bells.

Bouldering indoor or out. U will get wicked grip

Array

School
    In my mind
    You guys always gotta make things complicated. Buy this, use that, has no one considered the obvious? Straight jackin! Chronic masturbation is the only way to go :-).

Array

School
    10th Planet Winnipeg
    Hold a kettlebell upside down so the ball is above your hand and do push press.

If the kettlebell moves a inch either way it slams into your arm

But if you want to best grip training, break up with your gf and spend some nights alone

Array

School
    10th Planet Beaumont
    [insert masturbation joke here]

First of all, the gripping muscles for nogi are different than for gi. You to be able to close your fist strong for the gi. For nogi is the wrist and forearm, its about how strong you can bend your wrist. Understand this when trying to work out. Don't just squeeze something, its all about that wrist and forearm.
    I agree with Nathan, manual labor is the way to go. You get work done AND train grip strength. I am from the country, manual labor is a part of the lifestyle, I had above avg grip strength my whole life, never needed to work it out. If you YouTube wrist and forearm workouts, I'm sure there's 100's of legit workouts. Lol, i bet there's 100's of shitty ones too..welcome to YouTube.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast