Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: 10,000 reps

Array

School
    10th Planet Springfield

10,000 reps

Has anyone actually focused so much time on one technique to actually drill it 10,000 times? If so what technique, how long did it take you and how did you log your reps? Eddie do you think you have done 10,000 reps of the basic path?
    superherojiujitsuacademy.com
    http://www.defensesoap.com/idevaffil...ate.php?id=327
    10P4L
    F&V forever
    Ps 144:1 Blessed be the LORD my strength, which teacheth my hands to war, and my fingers to fight:
    Ge 32:24 And Jacob was left alone; and there wrestled a man with him until the breaking of the day.
    Blackbelt 3/28/13

Array

School
    Head instructor 10th Planet Mobile
    Armdrag-trip-cradle side, lockdown-boa-dogfight, fullguard- posture break-shoulder trap-toss-spider web, cradle side-back widow, twister side-mount- ear'n armpit sky dive- chopping block. Swim moves. Dlr- back. Spiral-back. Leg drags. Marcello series. Collar tie(standing)-russian tie. Truck from turtle-3 entries. Top half-twister smash pass. Lockdown-prisonguard-back/armbar. And probly several more.

Micheal Jordan never stopped shooting freethrows and Ali was throwin jabs at the end of his career. (Insert Bruce Lee quote)..

Array

School
    Rock ministries of philadelphia/ 10th planet Philly hotbox
    damn bobby i got to step it up

Array

School
    10th Planet HQ
    I fear not the man who has practiced 1 kick 10,000 times, but I fear the man who has practiced 30 kicks 10,000 times
    Follow me on Instagram @eddiebravo10p

SUBSCRIBE to my videos youtube.com/twistereddie

Array

School
    Dark Horse SWA\10th Planet Bear DE
    I was actually thinking about this the other day. So if i took an average of 3 classes per week times 52 weeks in a year times 8.5 years of jitz thats right around 1300 classes. So even if i only did one rep of one move (say armbar) each class thats 1300 reps of that move alone. So i know i damn well have 10000 reps of something!! Most likely lockdown an Electric Chair series or any footlock...lol.

I think with bjj/grappling that means develop your game, don't focus on learning every technique. Find a game and perfect it. That doesn't mean you can't incorporate some different/new stuff, but get your main game plan down.

I heard on a podcast a while back when the person trained they obeyed a 70-20-10 rule (i think that was the breakdown). 70% of the time you work your core game, 20% of your training you work in stuff you have been really developing, and the other 10% of your training you try some shit and see what happ

Array

School
    Eris Martial Arts, Peterborough
    Good thread.
    Personally I am still working on the basics. My go to moves are the Darce/JNT/PNT/Anaconda but I know I haven't even hit 100 of them yet, so I am way off. (Talking about tolling though, not repping)

@Kurzinator on Twitter & Instagram

Array

School
    10th Planet Jiu Jitsu
    In my mind
    #10thplanetFREAKS

Array

School
    RMNU
    Quote Originally Posted by bobby rivers View Post
    Armdrag-trip-cradle side, lockdown-boa-dogfight, fullguard- posture break-shoulder trap-toss-spider web, cradle side-back widow, twister side-mount- ear'n armpit sky dive- chopping block. Swim moves. Dlr- back. Spiral-back. Leg drags. Marcello series. Collar tie(standing)-russian tie. Truck from turtle-3 entries. Top half-twister smash pass. Lockdown-prisonguard-back/armbar. And probly several more.

Micheal Jordan never stopped shooting freethrows and Ali was throwin jabs at the end of his career. (Insert Bruce Lee quote)..
    Shit man....I'm trying with the 1/4 guard to mini stomp, to dogfight, to deep half series. No better feeling than to make something out of nothing.

Array

School
    10th Planet Corona/ Academy of Kings Top Team
    Quote Originally Posted by bobby rivers View Post

Im confused, so are you saying you've done all these tech's 10,000 times?? And if yes that means you've kept track and number each rep or are you just makin a guest. Makin a guest doesnt count. I just started keeping track and numbering each rep only focusing on a few tech's so i dont get overwhelmed. Leg drags, and Triangles for now.

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast