Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Array

School
    Gracie Barra Oviedo 10th Planet Atlantic Beach

who is still pulling off Old School?

I lived off this sweep as a white belt but around blue people started to Darce or Guillotine me so I stopped going for it. Now I'm all about deep half or 5.0/ Apollo.

Array

School
    10th Planet Decatur and 10th Planet Muscle Shoals
    I use it every night
    "The lockdown is not the 10th Planet gospel; an open mind is the 10th Planet gospel."
    - Amir Allam

Please stop by and check out my site

Array

School
    Ronin (10thP Rochester roots)
    Since moving to a new school that isn't 10th planet savvy, pretty much every time. Lock down, fat whip, oldschool, and a lot of reversals from dogfight. Old school is good money man. And failed oldschool is only a door to 10 other sweeps.

Array

School
    How are you avoiding the darce?

Array

School
    Quote Originally Posted by kevinculp View Post
    A couple ways I avoid it: keeping my shoulder tight to their hip by hugging the far hip tight, my ear to their belly. But that might work because I have a lot of body mass that kind of fills the gaps for me.

If they manage to dig their arm through to attack the darce, I'll just wrap that arm and roll back for a mechanic sweep. Another way to stop strong darcers is to reach up with the arm you'd normally grab the hip with, and grab their far shoulder instead.

Plus there's always just popping up to dogfight. But I always always always start by looking for oldschool. Like I said, a failed oldschool is only a door to other options.

Array

School
    I've been working on my dog fight lately...especially when they knee slide to 1/4 guard.. I was probably lazy with my neck and under hook when guys started catching me. I have the same problem now with my Z guard lol

Array

School
    ^You know, I've never considered going to dogfight off getting my 1/4 guard passed. I gotta work on that! Thanks man. You inadvertently helped me out a ton!

Array

School
    10th Planet Decatur and 10th Planet Muscle Shoals
    Quote Originally Posted by kevinculp View Post
    Something I've figured out (by being choked a lot) is that perfect posture exists in every position, including the bottom. There are a few different things I need to be mindful of when I'm on the attack from bottom Half Guard.

1. Anytime my opponent wraps my neck up, I address it immediately. I don't wait to find out if he has a great choke series. I assume he's a killer and reset.

2. You can have great posture in a few different ways. The easiest is to keep those double underhooks and keep your head glued to your opponent's belly.

3. When you aren't using double underhooks, we use something here called the "light bolt." It's a trick I picked up from Helio Soneca. Basically, you keep your underhooking arm jammed into your opponent's armpit with your thumb turned down. It's a fantastic tool.

4. And always keep good posture! ALWAYS!
    "The lockdown is not the 10th Planet gospel; an open mind is the 10th Planet gospel."
    - Amir Allam

Please stop by and check out my site

Array

School
    blank
    everyone should be mastering the boa. all day

Array

School
    blank
    Quote Originally Posted by Brandon Mccaghren View Post

3. When you aren't using double underhooks, we use something here called the "light bolt." It's a trick I picked up from Helio Soneca. Basically, you keep your underhooking arm jammed into your opponent's armpit with your thumb turned down. It's a fantastic tool.
    can you show this in your next video? that sounds very interesting

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast