Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Sam Sales

Fighters are told by the referees not to stop until the referee tells them to (because of Brazilian taps etc). So really the amount of time the sub was on before the ref stepped in is irrelevant. The refs position is not under Paul Harris' control. Also didn't Palhares let go of one early on Marquardt once? Then the ref made them carry on the fight and he got TKO'd? Either way, with Paul Harris he has a history of it and that is what likely got him cut. If he was a first offender I would be disagreeing with it, but I am not.

Array

School
    Lake Effect jiu jitsu
    I've seen worse, by him and others. Royce was an original at this. There had to be other things involved.

Array

School
    10th Planet HQ/ Brentwood BJJ
    When someone taps.... let go.... If this was the first time that Palhares hurt someone, I would chalk it up as an accident and think that the punishment was too harsh.

SINCE THIS IS THE 3rd time (in the UFC alone, not counting the number of times he has done it in grappling competition)... he deserves to be cut.

Array

School
    Ronin (10thP Rochester roots)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam Sales View Post
    Fighters are told by the referees not to stop until the referee tells them to (because of Brazilian taps etc). So really the amount of time the sub was on before the ref stepped in is irrelevant. The refs position is not under Paul Harris' control. Also didn't Palhares let go of one early on Marquardt once? Then the ref made them carry on the fight and he got TKO'd? Either way, with Paul Harris he has a history of it and that is what likely got him cut. If he was a first offender I would be disagreeing with it, but I am not.
    The amount of time before the tap is relevant because that's when the clock started on the damage. Now if he were cranking for 20 seconds while Pierce was tapping and let go the instant the ref intervened, we can cry foul on the ref. The ref jumped in as soon as he saw the tap and Palhares kept cranking FULL BLAST for a full 1 mississippi. Imagine a fighter still punching a tapping opponent for a full second after the ref is literally on top of them stopping the fight. Now imagine that fighter has a history of it. Palhares appears to intentionally want to dramatically injure his opponents. There's no room for that in sports.

And no, Palhares didn't let go of Marquardt's leg. Nate slipped out and Palhares complained to the ref that his leg was slippery and got punched in the face for his stupidity. The ref didn't make them keep fighting. There was a fight going on. You can't call time out cuz your patented move didn't work. LOL.

Sam Sales

Quote Originally Posted by David Rosado View Post
    Palhares kept cranking FULL BLAST for a full 1 mississippi.
    And no, Palhares didn't let go of Marquardt's leg. Nate slipped out and Palhares complained to the ref that his leg was slippery and got punched in the face for his stupidity. The ref didn't make them keep fighting. There was a fight going on. You can't call time out cuz your patented move didn't work. LOL.
    LOL @ 1 mississippi
    Regarding Nate and Paul, Yeah I briefly tried to look for a video on youtube to refresh my memory on that fight when I posted that but had no luck so wasn't sure on that. It was posted as a genuine question, not rhetorical at all.

Array

School
    Frostbite Vale-Tudo
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyle Spalla View Post
    I think the dude is so roided up honestly, he doesn't know how to bring down that intensity, not even in training. He was a gatekeeper at best in the UFC. You could tell that the guy wasn't all their but I respect the aggressiveness. Mir broke Nog's arm into 16 pieces and was given submission of the year, granted Nog didn't tap but the ref could have stop that from happening. He wasn't escaping from that. He held it but not for that long. I understand the pain a heel hook can cause but I think in certain regards people are making a mountain out of a Mole hill. I see this as a good thing for him. He will terrorize the smaller promotions and Bjorn Rebney looks like the type that would applaud his Barbaric disregard for the mobility of his fighters legs for the sake of promoting his brand.
    Mir let go when he tapped/the fight was stopped. Palhares did not, and has a history of doing the same thing. It's not about injuring someone in a fight, it's about letting go when it's over.

Array

School
    Drysdale Jiu Jitsu EP
    Wow. Sam I forgot about that one with Marquardt. I kind of said fuck that guy, but imagine you lose a fight to a guy like Marquardt for the false tap, he probably just said fuck it ill just rip everyone's leg off!

Array

School
    10th Planet Rochester
    Rousimar Palhares’ former coach Murilo Bustamante interveiw

http://www.fightersonlymag.com/conte...it-didnt-workq

Array

School
    Ronin (10thP Rochester roots)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jesse Briggs View Post
    Wow. Sam I forgot about that one with Marquardt. I kind of said fuck that guy, but imagine you lose a fight to a guy like Marquardt for the false tap, he probably just said fuck it ill just rip everyone's leg off!
    Nah bruh there was no false tap. Marquardt slipped out and Palhares complained to the ref mid fight. Plus he's been holding heel hooks way before the Marquardt fight.

Array

School
    Ronin
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack LaBarge View Post
    Rousimar Palhares’ former coach Murilo Bustamante interveiw

http://www.fightersonlymag.com/conte...it-didnt-workq
    Jack you always bring top notch content to the forum, thanks man!
    formerly known as jmw0582

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast