Array

School
    10th Planet Rochester
    Rousimar Palhares Suspended By Brazilian Commission now

http://www.scifighting.com/rousimar-...an-commission/

Array

School
    10th Planet Grants Pass
    i hope he gets his shit straight because i like watching him fight.

Array

School
    D.F.C Warriors

Well it was a shitty thing to do, so that's that.

Array

School
    10th Planet Birmingham UK
    Quote Originally Posted by David Rosado View Post
    I'm interested. I don't think it's that hypothetical. What circumstance would lead you to decide to crank full blast after the tap?

I'm not a fighter so I'm interested in your perspective. I figure hold it, sure, to make sure you don't have an idiot ref and a brazilian tapper, but full blast cranking as you feel them tapping you like 6 times? What circumstance makes sense for that?

Thanks for your input man.
    It's not up to me to stop the fight. That's the refs job. Fighters are in there to get the job done. I've seen too many occasions where the guy taps and the fight continues. Why risk it?

Array

School
    10th Planet Hamburg/ Ronin
    im not 100% sure about this but im reasonably sure that somewhere in the rules it says that when a fighter has a submission hold, they still haveto give time to tap. i mean in some circumstances, if a guy when full throttle, they could rip a guys arm off.

as i said though i cant remember if thats actually a rule or if its just some random piece of junk i thought i heard.

tbh theres always guys like palhares in gyms, not quite so bad generally but theres always that guy that blasts everyone even when its a friendly roll. imo those guys are absolute idiots. if a guy cant realise he should stop when the guy is tapping and the ref is stopping then he shouldnt be fighting. he is meant to be a master of heel hooks. im gunna assume that he has done a heel hooks once or twice and should be able to recognise when the person will tap.

even if you wanna wait for the ref, palhares cranked it after the ref stopped it. looks like he did the same in adcc and the same in the other fight in the ufc.

and chris the answer to your question of why risk it seems to be because if you do what palhares did then you get banned. seems like every other fighter in the ufc knows how to do it.

the other thing is. he wasnt just holding it where it was seeming to already cause enough pain to tap. he pushed it further.

palhares also said in a video that the reason why he didnt stop right away was becuse pierce grabbed the cage adn the ref was pulling his hand off it when he had the heel hook and the ref was out of place when palhares should have stopped and then said that he didnt stop becuase pierce was tapping on the ref and not him. but that makes no sense because the ref wouldnt step in until pierce had tapped and so he couldnt have been in the way to be tapped on, and if he was out of place that makes it even more unbelievable.

sorry i havent been able to comment on the topic much and it grinds my gears. seems to me the two big problems were that he kept going after the ref stopped and that its not his first offence. he is bad business for the ufc to hold onto and any organisation that takes him will be taking all his baggage with him. how can you promote the ufc as a mainstream sport and allow someone who seems to purposefully inflict unnecessary pain on others. the makes ufc, mma and jiu jitsu all look bad and im happy hes being punished for it.

once again, sorry for ranting so much,

Array

School
    Ronin (10thP Rochester roots)
    Quote Originally Posted by Chris Garry View Post
    It's not up to me to stop the fight. That's the refs job. Fighters are in there to get the job done. I've seen too many occasions where the guy taps and the fight continues. Why risk it?
    Understandable. That said, I'm guessing you disagree with him holding the sub full blast well after the ref intervened, right?

Array

School
    10th Planet Grants Pass
    in BJJ you have to have the intent to sub them vs break there shit but in the ufc you can just go for the break (untill they tap)

is this right?
    GO SHARKS!

"A conspiracy theorist is a person who tacitly admits that they have insufficient data to prove their points. A conspiracy theory is a battle cry of a person with insufficient data." Neil DeGrasse Tyson

If this shit turns out to be true, I will get a tattoo of a crop duster spelling out the phrase, "Eddie was right!"

Array

School
    Ronin (10thP Rochester roots)
    Quote Originally Posted by Isaac Atley View Post
    palhares also said in a video that the reason why he didnt stop right away was becuse pierce grabbed the cage adn the ref was pulling his hand off it when he had the heel hook and the ref was out of place when palhares should have stopped and then said that he didnt stop becuase pierce was tapping on the ref and not him. but that makes no sense because the ref wouldnt step in until pierce had tapped and so he couldnt have been in the way to be tapped on, and if he was out of place that makes it even more unbelievable.
    He must be delusional. The referee was literally all over Palhares and he kept cranking.

Array

School
    10th Planet Grants Pass
    Quote Originally Posted by David Rosado View Post
    He must be delusional. The referee was literally all over Palhares and he kept cranking.
    yeah, hes just plain bat shit crazy if thats his recollection.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456