Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Array

School
    Roberto Traven

Vitamins and supplements

At the training camp last weekend I got in a few discussions about what different supplements and vitamins people are taking. I haven't seen anything posted recently about this, so what is everyone taking? I personally take 5-HTP, Fish Oil, Glucosamine, Vitamin E, and Magnesium. I'm thinking about throwing in some alpha brain and b vitamins.

Array

School
    10th Planet Rochester
    Wheat grass juice for vitamins, instead of taking pills that don't always absorb
    http://nutritiondata.self.com/facts/custom/900675/2

Tons of pumpkin seeds for Magnesium

Beet Juice with cilantro and lemon- Liver cleanse

Array

School
    10th Planet Rochester
    I tried alpha brain and didn't notice a difference. Ive had other people say positive things about it though

Array

School
    RMNU / flowhouse bjj
    i always think to first get your vitamins/nutrients from good quality food.
    you can (should) get blood work done, to see if you are really deficient. for example, if you eat a ton of spinach, kale, etc. you may not be deficient in magnesium and taking too much magnesium is not necessarily a good thing.
    this is pretty cool, if you can afford it: http://www.wellnessfx.com/

i'm going to try krill oil instead of fish oil next week. but that's a great supplement all around, especially if you don't eat too much fish or avocados. NAC, turmeric (powder), every once in a while liquid multi vitamin. and my bro's supp "flow" kinda like alpha brain.. (http://flowathletics.com/ .. hope i'm not breaking any rules by posting the links).

Array

School
    Eris Martial Arts, Peterborough
    Fish Oil and the entire Isagenix line.
    I will be doing a stint with Glutamine and Creatine in Dec Jan and Feb as well.

@Kurzinator on Twitter & Instagram

Array

School
    10P Gulf Shores, Atlanta, Atmore
    Always try to get your needs met through the food you eat. With that being said, acai have everything you gonna need.

Array

School
    Aspiring 10th Planet Fans/Alpha Tae Kwon Do
    For me I take Nutrilite vitamins (http://www.nutrilite.com/) they don't do tv advertising so it's not always heard as much as GNC or Vitamin Shoppe (CHael takes one of their competitors USANA, they are also a direct to customer brand but the quality there is also good). I take the Mens Multi (Double X), fish oil balanced, milk thistle (I enjoy throwing back 1-2 beers often so it helps ease the wear on the liver), CLA 500 (maintain the little muscle tone I have), lutein for my eyes (I had lasik surgery in 2005 so protecting my investment).

That doesn't include the protein shakes I will take after my rolls/workouts, and the sports drink Nutrilite puts out too (similar to Gatorade/PowerAde). I balance this out with fruits and vegetables, minimizing my soda, I avoid diet soda (because of the aspartame), and I eat a lot of meat too (to try to build some muscle, I'm ectomorph so while I don't have to worry about gaining fat, I have to work hard for the little muscles I do have).

Array

School
    Ronin (10thP Rochester roots)
    Quote Originally Posted by Tom Carbone View Post
    Wheat grass juice for vitamins, instead of taking pills that don't always absorb
    http://nutritiondata.self.com/facts/custom/900675/2

Tons of pumpkin seeds for Magnesium

Beet Juice with cilantro and lemon- Liver cleanse
    Thanks for this post. I had never heard of the liver cleanse.

Array

School
    10th Planet Jiu Jitsu Montreal
    I'm very skeptical about supplements these days. Testimonials without solid research don't mean shit. There's a lot of money to be made in supplements. You'll hear a lot of claims. I just make super healthy smoothies, which include fruit, vege greens, Vega protein, flax, chia, hemp hearts, and coconut oil. I take an arthritis medication, Diplofenac, for my back.
    Head Instructor of 10th Planet Jiu Jitsu Montreal

WWW.10thplanetjiujitsumtl.com

Array

School
    10th Planet Chicago
    I try to eat nutrient rich foods so I dont have to supplement but I have heard good things about glc2000 for your joints. Original Nutritionals make some killer shit. I consider Caveman Coffee Company bulletproof style a supplement. Bunch of my guys take shroomtech.
    www.10thplanetchicago.com
    Chicago Original
    Wrestling Saves Lives
    Caveman Coffee Supporter
    www.cavemancoffeeco.com
    The Only Easy Day Was Yesterday - Jeff Mirabella

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast