Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Array

School
    10th Planet Ronin

I wanna know what you guys think about this video

Would like to hear everyone's opinion on this video. I think he lost fair and square to a legal submission and it is his own fault that he didnt tap and got his ankle broken.

http://youtu.be/xia9HfvAOiI

Array

School
    Ronin
    From that angle I find it quite hard to see what it was that did it the end, however I can only assume that it was a legal technique or an unintentional injury as he was declared the winner of the bout. Now I personally believe that if you enter a competition where those moves are legal and you for whatever reason (don't want, too ignorant to, just plain ol' lazy etc) to learn the proper defenses to those Submissions, positions, controls etc then you have no one to blame other than yourself. That all being said it is hard to see what exactly happened.
    Facebook, Twitter check yourself before you wreck yourself.

Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/Pheonix00789
    Twitter: https://twitter.com/Pheonix_00789
    Instagram: http://instagram.com/phoenix_00789

Array

School
    10th Planet Fort Lauderdale Hotbox/MGJJ Purple Belt/10P Miami
    If you're in a competition, first of all, you should know that you're going in with the intent of wrecking people until they tap or until the buzzer goes off; therefore, you can't get mad if you get wrecked. Second, ALL submissions are legal at NAGA comps — dude should know that; you can even reap the knee. He lost due to an opportunistic opponent and his ankle broke because of his own carelessness. IMO

Array

School
    10th Planet Grants Pass
    So he had your ankle trapped inside his knee with your foot protruding, then he put the inside of his fore arm under your metatarsals and grabbed the top of his knee and applied upward pressure?

You're saying he applied the technique sharply and suddenly?

Array

School
    10th Planet Rochester
    Legal, fair, plenty of time to tap. He even said he knew he was constantly pulling and grabbing on his ankle, yet he hung on a decided to go for a kimura anyway, yet complains there was no time to tap. You can't have it both ways, either there was plenty of time because he was constantly grabbing your ankles OR you didn't have time to tap (which isn't in the rules). How about escaping, instead of struggling for a submission that isn't there. Sore looser, needs to worry less about excuses and spend more time training leg locks.

Over all assessment: Not a typical douchebag in BJJ, however defiantly a typical whiney bitch.
    Check out my instructional website:www.zogipedia.com

Head Coach 10th Planet Jiu Jitsu Rochester www.10thplanetjiujitsurochester.com

Array

School
    Combat Society
    Quote Originally Posted by Chris Herzog View Post
    Legal, fair, plenty of time to tap. He even said he knew he was constantly pulling and grabbing on his ankle, yet he hung on a decided to go for a kimura anyway, yet complains there was no time to tap. You can't have it both ways, either there was plenty of time because he was constantly grabbing your ankles OR you didn't have time to tap (which isn't in the rules). How about escaping, instead of struggling for a submission that isn't there. Sore looser, needs to worry less about excuses and spend more time training leg locks.

Over all assessment: Not a typical douchebag in BJJ, however defiantly a typical whiney bitch.
    As usual it's very hard to disagree with coach Herzog when it comes to leglocks and being a decent human being.

Array

School
    Ronin (10thP Rochester roots)

Array

School
    Ronin (10thP Rochester roots)
    Sorry, I couldn't get the video to work on youtube, so I just embedded it above, and it works for me now.

So yeah. I couldn't have put it better than you guys have already put it. Sounds like this guy's just salty that he got caught in a move that he didn't understand and didn't like.

Maybe I take for granted the quality of training and partners I've had back home at 10th Planet Rochester, but I'm only a whitey and I am familiar with that move. Sarkis has hit me with that before and I had enough sense to try and defend the moment I felt my ankle twisting......and eventually I tapped. It's not rocket science. You feel your ankle twisting? Defend. Can't defend? Tap. Ankles snap hella easy. But again, I'm thinking this is common sense because my coach taught me proper leg lock principles. I guess not everyone is familiar with basic principles.

So, for anyone who doesn't know, when you're caught in a leg lock, it takes a little longer for the pain to set in. With an armbar, you get a sharp pain that makes you tap almost instinctively. Legs have a little more give so you don't get that sharp pain immediately. You want to start defending the moment you feel your joint is being pulled in the wrong direction. If you realize you can't defend it, you don't have to wait for the pain to set in. Just be smart and accept that your opponent has you in check mate. Tap. Better to tap early than late when it comes to legs.

Array

School
    Aspiring 10th Planet Fans/Alpha Tae Kwon Do
    Yeah, I concur with the above-I'm sure the guy (both of them) are good people and mean while, but the person caught in the ankle/foot attack needs to recognize he's in a compromised spot and he has a decision to make-either gamble and try to finish the kimura he has before his foot/ankle gives, or abandon and defend, and then after escaping go back on the offensive. As the guy cranking the ankle/foot I think he's doing what he's forced to, his only other option is to let go (or hold on and stare at the ref and be like "WTF is this a tap or not?"). I have a teammate at one gym I visit who caught someone in a heel hook and had it all about ready to break but waited for the guy to tap, looked at the ref, ref didn't stop it and eventually guy escaped. Now had my teammate gone ahead and broke the guys ankle, people would've been up in arms over whether he gave time to tap or not.

Either way, hope the guy recovers soon and comes back stronger...

Array

School
    10th Planet Grants Pass
    Can someone please give me a name of this sub or explain it?

Is there any rule stating that the intention when applying a submission must be to submit the opnt vs cranking as hard and fast as you can in order to cause damage?

Its seems that when people apply leg-locks, they often substitute good position before submission for hard, fast application. We see rotating leg-locks applied this way often but almost never see someone trying like hell to break someones arm with an armbar by using violent sudden actions vs acquiring good position and then applying the sub gradually.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast