Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Array

School
    10th Planet Fort Lauderdale Hotbox/MGJJ Purple Belt/10P Miami

Planet X Jiu Jitsu

I recently joined a gym run by a couple Marcelo brown belts. I've been nogi since I started (1 year) but these guys train half in the gi and half no gi. I read that there's a gi branch of 10PJJ called Planet X Jiu Jitsu and I'm wondering if there's a site like this for it, for things such as forums, merchandise, and videos. I figure that if I'm gonna start training in the gi I might as well get off on the right foot with more Nibiru wisdom

Array

School
    Ronin (10thP Rochester roots)
    No. It's not quite like that. Look up Magnus Hansson (sp?) on fb. I think he's the one who runs Planet X ( http://www.10thplanetjj.com/threads/...Planet-X-stuff) but it's not exactly its own thing like 10th planet with its own style and merch from what I know. Although, that's not a bad idea. I'm going to be rolling in the gi come January and I'd love a gi to rep with.....but then again, 10th is no gi, so I doubt it'll happen. Lol.

In the meantime, enjoy this:

Array

School
    Ronin (10thP Rochester roots)
    Also, once I start in the gi, I'll join you in a campaign to get Magnus to post more vids and maybe even make some merch.

Array

School
    Quote Originally Posted by David Rosado View Post
    Also, once I start in the gi, I'll join you in a campaign to get Magnus to post more vids and maybe even make some merch.
    Let's do it. I bleed 10P and would love to rep it in the GI, style wise and gear wise. Then again, I have no problem repping Marcelo stuff either

Array

School
    RGA NYC
    Marcelo system + 10th planet system = Beast mode

Array

School
    Ground Dwellers / 10thplanet Ronin
    Quote Originally Posted by elon hodge View Post
    Marcelo system + 10th planet system = Beast mode
    True that. That is why Master Eddie and Marcelo are my 2 top instructors. Master Eddie bring a style that make people say "WTF" is he doing, before they know it, tap tap. Also I used to go around searching for all of Marcelo stuff, but guess what, all the stuff that I want to learn from Marcelo, Master Eddie is already doing that for me. Just watch the MTS and warm ups, all the really good stuff that I want to incorporate into Cora's game are there already. All the passing, all the side control escapes, butterfly guards, just a bunch of great techniques. Between these two style, once mastered, will be very formidable against anyone.

Array

School
    Ground Dwellers / 10thplanet Ronin
    Quote Originally Posted by Ross Davidson View Post
    Let's do it. I bleed 10P and would love to rep it in the GI, style wise and gear wise. Then again, I have no problem repping Marcelo stuff either
    So what's stopping you now? Just put on a Gi and rep 10thplanet. We doing it on a daily. Yes, rubber guarding in a GI!!!! For me its not whether what techniques we should use for the Gi, but to filter out what techniques are kids friendly. There are just some techniques that aren't meant for kids. And trying to filter them out is my greatest challenge as I like them all. I'm itching to teach Cora the twister, but I can't. I'm itching to teach her the truck, but I just can't yet.
    Last edited by Cora Sek; 12-25-2013 at 10:47 AM.

Array

School
    10th Planet JJ Fort Lauderdale HB
    Quote Originally Posted by Cora Sek View Post
    So what's stopping you now? Just put on a Gi and rep 10thplanet. We doing it on a daily. Yes, rubber guarding in a GI!!!!
    He has to get a gi so he was askin if there was a Planet X gi. So just waitin on a gi, unfort there really is no such thing as a cheap gi lol

What brands do y'all rec. I have a syo & Tyler has a zombie. Shoot some info at us so Ross can find a good deal.
    Last edited by Brandon Woolsey; 12-25-2013 at 10:46 AM.

Array

School
    Quote Originally Posted by Brandon Woolsey View Post
    He has to get a gi so he was askin if there was a Planet X gi. So just waitin on a gi, unfort there really is no such thing as a cheap gi lol

What brands do y'all rec. I have a syo & Tyler has a zombie. Shoot some info at us so Ross can find a good deal.
    Indeed. I'll be able to get one in a few weeks though.

Array

School
    10th Planet Decatur and 10th Planet Muscle Shoals
    Quote Originally Posted by Brandon Woolsey View Post

You should look into The Green Gi. It's an all hemp product. I know Datsusara has an all hemp gi, as well. Submission Fight Co has a 70% hemp gi.

I have heard that the Bamboo Gi is the way to go, though. Lucky Gi sells those, but they are all out of stock or I would have gotten one already.
    "The lockdown is not the 10th Planet gospel; an open mind is the 10th Planet gospel."
    - Amir Allam

Please stop by and check out my site

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast