Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Array

School
    Ground Dwellers / 10thplanet Ronin
    Oh yeah Gi are NOT cheap. I had washed Cora's Point Break Gi in warm water and it shrunk. Now we are trying to find another Gi for her so she can go and compete at Kids Pan this Feb. The one I shrunk will not meet its requirement. They actually take the tap measure out and measure the kids Gi... good grief!!!! IBJJF is something else.

Array

School
    SimGo Cobra Kai
    Just get one of marcelos Academy gis if you want to rep.

Array

School
    10th Planet Fort Lauderdale Hotbox/MGJJ Purple Belt/10P Miami
    Quote Originally Posted by Gray View Post
    Just get one of marcelos Academy gis if you want to rep.
    10P4L -- figured if there was a way to rep it I would. MGJJ is fine for repping too though

Array

School
    10th Planet Rochester
    Quote Originally Posted by Cora Sek View Post
    Oh yeah Gi are NOT cheap. I had washed Cora's Point Break Gi in warm water and it shrunk. Now we are trying to find another Gi for her so she can go and compete at Kids Pan this Feb. The one I shrunk will not meet its requirement. They actually take the tap measure out and measure the kids Gi... good grief!!!! IBJJF is something else.
    High level Judo tournaments are the same way.
    Check out my instructional website:www.zogipedia.com

Head Coach 10th Planet Jiu Jitsu Rochester www.10thplanetjiujitsurochester.com

Array

School
    10th Planet Rochester
    Why do they measure the gi?

Array

School
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeremy Gates View Post
    Why do they measure the gi?
    They measure the sleeve length as their thinking is that if yous is not long enough, you have less sleeve for other people to grab on which give you a slight advantage. They measure pant legs and the skirt length also, for the same reasoning. That is why I love 10thplanet style, regardless of the amount of material for you to grab, we going with hooks instead.

Array

School
    10th Planet HQ
    Magnus specializes in 10p techs in the gi which is actually easier. Twister side control with grabbing of the pants is HUGE. The lockdown with both combatants wearing pants is death. Super hard to pull out of rubber guard when dude caught in it is wearing a bath robe #planetxJJ
    Follow me on Instagram @eddiebravo10p

SUBSCRIBE to my videos youtube.com/twistereddie

Array

School
    Quote Originally Posted by Eddie Bravo View Post
    Magnus specializes in 10p techs in the gi which is actually easier. Twister side control with grabbing of the pants is HUGE. The lockdown with both combatants wearing pants is death. Super hard to pull out of rubber guard when dude caught in it is wearing a bath robe #planetxJJ
    You are absolutely correct on the twister side control. We found out the hard way. We have been drilling at home on the side control escape (c cup/Heisman) and Cora is getting the hang of it. But every time she does it at the gym, she is having a hard time Heisman her way out from a twister side control. After viewing the tape, I notice the boy is holding onto her Gi pant not to mention he's about 110 lbs...LOL So yea, Gi pant + twister side control = no bueno

Array

School
    RMNU / flowhouse bjj
    i think a gi is something you invest in. yeah pay about 150 for a decent gi, but it will last you a few years, so what $50/year? that's not so bad.

we are lucky to train at a school where the gi style is MG and the game is closely used in both gi and no-gi and translates very well to 10p.

p.s. once my arm heals up and i get back to training i can hook you up with a blue fushida fc top.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast