Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Berimbolo

Array

School
    Ground Dwellers / 10thplanet Ronin

Berimbolo

In Texas what Cora fear most was those wrestlers. But we found a way and she over come those fear. So now that we are in California, I took her to train at A Team Jiu Jitsu this evening and I notice that Cora has hit another obstacle. The dreaded BERIMBOLO. Does every high level boys play that game here in California?? It seem like it to me. So my question is, if you were to fight Mendes bro or the Miyao, what kind of game would you play to make sure they don't get to their berimbolo game?? (not sure how else to rephrase that question). What 10thplanet game plan would you use to start the fight?

Array

School
    10th Planet Beaumont
    Pressure. the berimbolo requires a spacey type game like played in gi. Pressure pressure.

i just think she needs to let her opponent sit down and then develop specific defence/offence to the DLR and RDLR games.

i could lie to you and say it is easy or quick to develop but it is something that takes time and lots of exposure to people who use DLR and berimbolos effectively.

it is akin to the best way of knowing how to defend the rg and other 10th planet techs requires training at a 10th planet school. i think slick rick developed the 'rubber stamp' because he voluntarily spent a lot of time inside opponents' rg.

this could be a good opportunity for her to advance her footwork and top game

Array

School
    10th Planet Rochester
    I would try and hit them with flying heel hooks before they could sweep me

Array

School
    10th Planet Beaumont
    So you were looking for a specific move? we are such a leglocking gym that id suggest that to her, but in kids division they are almost always illegial. Lets see...If you can get your shoulder in place in time doing a capoeira pass, it will stop a berimbolo in its tracks. That's a 10p move Cora knows.. Umm, you can do a twister roll there too I believe, but that's tough. I attack the legs on almost all inverted games..

Array

School
    10th Planet Beaumont
    Quote Originally Posted by Scott Yockel View Post
    I would try and hit them with flying heel hooks before they could sweep me
    Exactly my thoughts!

Array

School
    10th Planet Beaumont
    Also. I know I'm gonna sound like a meat-head when I say this. But here goes. So when they cup her ankle and look at inverting, just pull your leg out. There is a correct way of doing this though (Plenty of wrestling videos on how to do this). If in the gi, that's not possible, but a berimbolo nogi is kinda flawed, no sleeve, no belt, no pants leg. The control is where it is inferior to the gi version. Exploit that weakness. If not just heel hook their asses, Cora! Lol.

Array

School
    Ronin (10thP Rochester roots)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cora Sek View Post
    In Texas what Cora fear most was those wrestlers. But we found a way and she over come those fear. So now that we are in California, I took her to train at A Team Jiu Jitsu this evening and I notice that Cora has hit another obstacle. The dreaded BERIMBOLO. Does every high level boys play that game here in California?? It seem like it to me. So my question is, if you were to fight Mendes bro or the Miyao, what kind of game would you play to make sure they don't get to their berimbolo game?? (not sure how else to rephrase that question). What 10thplanet game plan would you use to start the fight?
    I haven't encountered any berimbolo players yet so I don't know. But I do remember Eddie saying the best way to deal with inverters is using under passes. So basically from what I understand, avoid standing passes against DLR/RDLR/Berimbolo, avoid trying to pass over the legs, go low and use under passes to disrupt their game.

Again, I've never had to deal with it, but that's what Eddie said a while back in a MTS episode when discussing how Rader was able to kill Samuel Braga's inverted attacks. Samuel Braga is a DLR/RDLR/Berimbolo player. Look up his match with Justin Rader. Maybe you'll find some tips?

Array

School
    10P Gulf Shores, Atlanta, Atmore
    She needs to be exposed to the bolo and a strong DLR and spiral game. There are counters to the berimbolo just like anything else, but it takes a ton of practice. The berimbolo no GI is just as deadly as it is in the GI. In the coming years more people will be using it. I, personally, use it a ton. Even on the best guys I play with, I have hit it before.

Array

School
    10P Gulf Shores, Atlanta, Atmore
    Quote Originally Posted by David Rosado View Post
    I haven't encountered any berimbolo players yet so I don't know. But I do remember Eddie saying the best way to deal with inverters is using under passes. So basically from what I understand, avoid standing passes against DLR/RDLR/Berimbolo, avoid trying to pass over the legs, go low and use under passes to disrupt their game.

Again, I've never had to deal with it, but that's what Eddie said a while back in a MTS episode when discussing how Rader was able to kill Samuel Braga's inverted attacks. Samuel Braga is a DLR/RDLR/Berimbolo player. Look up his match with Justin Rader. Maybe you'll find some tips?
    Good advice here. He tried to go over joao's guard in adcc and was getting slung all over the place.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast