Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Array

School
    Team R.O.C. (10th planet ronin)

Munchies for cutting weigh

Alright, I've got my 1st tourny in 6 weeks, been keeping good with the diet since january, no carbs, sitting around 162lbs everyday, anyone have suggestions for munchies that doesn't blow you up, don't wanna have to quit smoking to stay on weight lol

roasted Seaweed, kale chips etc. Salty though so you'll have to lay off those leading up to the comp.

Very dark chocolate.

Not really munchies but it doesn't hurt to eat a little more actual food, if its healthy, chicken, fish and veggies.

Array

School
    10th Planet Rochester
    What do you want to get down to?

Array

School
    10th Planet Beaumont

Great diet advice so far.. And I was about to chime in with some ideas myself. But, the coach in me had to come out. So here goes.

Our guys are not allowed to cut weight on their first tournament. Usually not for a while actually. You have enough to worry about and too much stress already of the first one...

Plus, Cutting weight is its own art. I just believe you should think about focusing on the art of jiujitsu before you dive in head first in the art of weight cutting also.

Plus, if you have done the proper jiujitsu training to prepare yourself for the tournament, then you should be at or near an optimal weight for athletic ability already.

Whatever you decide, good luck!

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Ray View Post
    Great diet advice so far.. And I was about to chime in with some ideas myself. But, the coach in me had to come out. So here goes.

Our guys are not allowed to cut weight on their first tournament. Usually not for a while actually. You have enough to worry about and too much stress already of the first one...

Plus, Cutting weight is its own art. I just believe you should think about focusing on the art of jiujitsu before you dive in head first in the art of weight cutting also.

Plus, if you have done the proper jiujitsu training to prepare yourself for the tournament, then you should be at or near an optimal weight for athletic ability already.

Whatever you decide, good luck!
    Probably the best advice. I've screwed myself over figuring out what worked best for me, and trying to loose too much too quickly, everyone is different. Don't diet more than a couple pounds at first, and avoid dehydration.

Array

School
    10th Planet Fort Lauderdale Hotbox/MGJJ Purple Belt/10P Miami
    Coconut butter. 1 tbsp is 120 calories, and it's good for you too. Lot's of medium chain triglycerides.

Frozen grapes. Great if you have a night time sweet tooth.

Array

School
    10th Planet Decatur and 10th Planet Muscle Shoals
    There is no snacking. There is only discipline.

For real. If you're cutting weight, do it. Don't screw around and try to find ways to cheat the system.

A super clean diet and lifestyle leading in will be the best thing you can do for yourself.

Make sure you are measuring and tracking what goes in to your body. I need statistics in order to stay on pace during a cut. Everyone is different, but for me having something to track gives me something to win at every day. And it's impossible to measure something without statistics of some sort.

Array

School
    10th Planet Rochester
    I think when you first start a strict (healthy) weight cutting diet, your body tries to trick you into feeling hungry when its really just craving food. If every time you get cravings you give it a bowl of spinach or broccoli, eventually it learns that its not gonna get the good tasting food and the cravings decline. This is why I never sneak in a single french fry, chip, or anything that tastes good. Otherwise, your body wont remember the 99 times you said no and just remember the 1 time you gave in, increasing the cravings again.

Array

School
    Team R.O.C. (10th planet ronin)
    Quote Originally Posted by Tom Carbone View Post
    What do you want to get down to?
    I walk around at 170, I'm tryin to stay in the 149 to 162 weight class, weigh myself everyday and stay around 162ish + or - a pound with the no carbs

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast