Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Array

School
    The Forge BJJ

got my RG stacked

Rolled with a guy today and he stacked my rubber guard badly. I had him in crackhead and he just stood up and stacked. I dropped my foot to his hip and that slowed him down, and moved him back off of me, but as soon as my leg came back up, he rolled me up again. The second time he stacked me to the point that I had to bail.

The guy weighs a little over 200 lb. I'm at 138.5 lb today. So he's got probably 65 lb on me. I know that had something to do with it obviously, he was really strong and I probably felt like a child to him.

Any suggestions on other things I can try when getting my RG stacked by a guy so much heavier and stronger than me?

Array

School
    10th Planet Austin
    That's why you get to invisible collar ASAP. For that forearm shield
    http://www.phalanxfc.com[/url]
    submissionchallenge.com/
    Savage Essentials Homemade Soaps

Array

School
    Carlson Gracie Miami/10P Miami/Ft. Laud Hotbox remnant
    Quote Originally Posted by john harris & sons View Post
    That's why you get to invisible collar ASAP. For that forearm shield
    This. Although I have a hell of a time clearing the neck when the guy knows I want to and he's tilting his head towards the side I want to clear.

Array

School
    10th Planet Jiu Jitsu
    Get used to it. That's how I stop rubber guard too. I put the top of my head right into your chin. Bail to butterfly or if you can get to homie control work some prison guard.
    #10thplanetFREAKS

Array

School
    10th Planet Hamburg/ Ronin
    Quote Originally Posted by Enrique "Kiko" View Post
    This. Although I have a hell of a time clearing the neck when the guy knows I want to and he's tilting his head towards the side I want to clear.
    Throw some flying shit. Flying chill dog etc. not always possible but good to remember as a separate option.

If he stacked you like that, im wondering how centered you were, while it might not help with a guy that much bigger than you, it is good to work on really getting on one side.

Sometimes you will have to bail, accept it and make sure you have a plan to move on, rather than throwing something random out there last second. maybe this guy here is someone you should use foot on hip with. use the foot on hip to push back anytime he tries to stack you. if he tries to deal with the foot on hip, use that time to get into chill dog,

There is always a counter to a move, tis just finding it.

Array

School
    Quote Originally Posted by Isaac Atley View Post
    If he stacked you like that, im wondering how centered you were, while it might not help with a guy that much bigger than you, it is good to work on really getting on one side.

Sometimes you will have to bail, accept it and make sure you have a plan to move on, rather than throwing something random out there last second. maybe this guy here is someone you should use foot on hip with. use the foot on hip to push back anytime he tries to stack you. if he tries to deal with the foot on hip, use that time to get into chill dog,

There is always a counter to a move, tis just finding it.
    I'm actually having a difficult time getting on my side when doing RG. For instance when I'm in mission control. I know I should be on my side as much as possible, but I really don't know how to get the rotation on my body so that I am on my side.

Your tip on working between foot on hip to flying chill dog is something I think I can try out this week and possibly succeed with. Thank you Isaac!

Array

School
    10th Planet Jiu Jitsu
    If theyre leaning to that side so you cant clear the neck hit that pop triangle. Its in one of the earlier MTS. 17 I think. Its smooth.
    #10thplanetFREAKS

Array

School
    Quote Originally Posted by Brent Smith View Post
    If theyre leaning to that side so you cant clear the neck hit that pop triangle. Its in one of the earlier MTS. 17 I think. Its smooth.
    Ty Brent, will look it up.

Array

School
    10th Planet HQ, Gracie Academy HQ
    Feel the energy of his wrists and the momentum/direction they are moving, and look to maybe clear his hand(s) to the mats before entering a high guard. Trying this with the intention of getting a free new york or a free chill dog could potentially help.

Array

School
    10th Planet Ventura
    I'm actually having a difficult time getting on my side when doing RG. For instance when I'm in mission control. I know I should be on my side as much as possible, but I really don't know how to get the rotation on my body so that I am on my side.
    While in Mission Control, use your free hand (the one that will eventually, hopefully, hug the knee) to push off the mat in oder to get to your hip.

Something else that might work is Rescue Dog. I find that the process of switching from one leg to the other makes it very easy to turn onto your hip.

Also, if someone is stacking hard while you are in Crachead control, sometimes you pull them over you
    by squeezing downwards with your legs and rolling backwards over your shoulder. With a little luck, you can land in mount.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast