Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Array

School
    10th Planet Portland

Over/Under on Royler...

How long until we see the story of him getting surgery? Will he go to Brazil to hide it? Will he wait a few months for the smoke to clear? Will he smoke weed for the pain until surgery? And what will his excuse be? He hurt it after metamoris, or it was an existing injury, that he fought with that's why Eddie dominated...

Array

School
    10th Planet Beaumont
    Lol!

Array

School
    Elite BJJ Redmond, WA
    We won't hear nothing. I'm actually not sure he's hurt. I don't know what kind of damage those submissions can do if you don't tap. I don't know if Eddie took it to the point of damage. And if he did, I think it'll make about as much of a ripple as it did when I went to the doctor to get a better prescription for eczema cream.

yeah, I'll be that guy.

Array

School
    Elite BJJ Redmond, WA
    Has anyone ever been injured from a vaporizer that went too far?

Array

School
    10th Planet Portland
    I think anything that pops 7 times isn't a good thing, and there's most likely some damage.

Array

School
    Cody MMA
    Quote Originally Posted by Joshua Jarboe View Post
    Has anyone ever been injured from a vaporizer that went too far?
    From Wikipedia:

A compression lock, a muscle lock, muscle slicer or muscle crusher, is a grappling hold which causes severe pain by pressing a muscle into a bone. A compression lock can cause a joint lock in a nearby joint when it is applied by squeezing a limb over a fulcrum. A forceful compression lock may damage muscles and tendons, and if accompanied by a joint lock, may also result in torn ligaments, dislocation or bone fractures.

Eddie was also cranking on a toe hold at times.

Array

School
    Elite BJJ Redmond, WA
    Quote Originally Posted by JAMESsmith View Post
    I think anything that pops 7 times isn't a good thing, and there's most likely some damage.
    Maybe I'm just catching up, but where are you getting "pops 7 times?"

There's a part of me that wants to believe that Royler is paying for his arrogance.

It's not a very nice part. But it's a pretty Just part.

Array

School
    10th Planet Gulf Shores
    I got 7x from a reliable source who talked to Eddie. The vaporizer is a leg lock as well bc of how it tweaks the knee. He's done.
    Be one with yourself and know you can do anything when you are friends with yourself.

10th Planet Gulf Shores Official Website

Array

School
    Victory MMA; 10th Planet Ronin
    Eddie said the "7 times" thing himself, a bunch of times.

Array

School
    10th Planet Hamburg/ Ronin
    as far as im aware the manipulation of the joints when doing a crush or slice like the vaporizer is stretching the joint in the opposite direction of things like a armbar, kneebar. instead of making the limb go in a direction it cant normally go you are putting something in the way of where it normally goes to increase the pressure.

the result of this is more often a lot more severe when damage occurs because as far as im aware it snaps things in the joint at a lot more points. youre pushing not only the joint but generally the ligiments and muscles to their utmost limit and then pushing further.

adding a toe hold of some kind which twists the ligiments knee joint and muscles adds even more pressure to it because t applies pressure to the knee at various angles aswell.

the popping sounds alone arnt really all conclusive of a damaged leg. the popping sound is generally gases and the synovial fluid between the joints

aside from the last bit which ive looked up and found scientific articles about before, the rest is just my opinion and im not sure about it.

http://www.loc.gov/rr/scitech/mysteries/joint.html

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast