Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Array

School
    Rip Tide Combat and Fitness

Dealing with the fear of nothing

The fear of nothing will soon turn into the fear of something. Your brain will try to match your thoughts with what you are feeling and pull up old stuff from your brains fear database if their is nothing to fear in the present or future. Once you get rid of that old thought a different one will pop up until you get rid of the emotion of fear itself. I used to have a huge fear of spiders until I started to imagine myself being a spider. Didnt make sense to fear myself and it slowly went away, even though I cant promise I wont kick someone in the face for putting a spider on me... A friend of mine goes into fights with a lot of anxiety and told me during the fight all he could think about was his problems at home. Just another example of the brain trying to vibrationally align you with your feelings. Then it really sucks when what your brain comes up with just happens to pop up over and over again until the thought and feeling is gone.

I was wondering what other people have done to get passed their fear/fears.

Array

School
    Ronin (10thP Rochester roots)
    The power of acceptance and proper perspective is underrated.

I wouldn't say I'm over fear. I would say I don't allow fear to paralyze me. Examples:

Glaucoma runs in my family. I fear going blind one day. But I don't let it eat at me. I accept the possibility and picture how life would go on. That's acceptance.

I have a fear of failure. But I have a bigger fear of regret. I don't want to reach a point in my life where I look back at opportunities wasted by fear of failure. I'd rather fail hard and learn than not try and never know. That's perspective.

Array

School
    KCBJJ

Array

School
    Ronin (10thP Rochester roots)
    Quote Originally Posted by Caliphate Ishtar Allah View Post
    It depends on the fear type. Fear is a natural biological reaction to danger. Children deal with their fear by playing games that simulate the event they dread. Hence being chased, kids love being chased. Its a biological drive hard wired in them to become good at running and hiding. You can become good at anything if its expressed through a game and you enjoy it. The key is rehearsal and variation.

This hard wiring is why children always dream about being chased. All children the world over have this dream. We just don't have time to learn these things like language so it comes as Bios if you will. Its the same Reason monkeys are afraid of snakes. They don't know its poisonous but through thousands of years, it become a part of their biology.

Turn your fear into a Game is my advice.
    This is dope. BTW, are you godbody?

Array

School
    credit to E.Mays & N.Coleman
    meditate, take 8 hits of acid, smoke dmt, listen to death metal, purposely incur the worst trip possible to challenge your mentality. Once you shit your pants this much, everything else is a joke.

Array

School
    In my mind
    Paralyzing fear of heights...remedy - signed up with an airborne ranger contract lmfao! Nothing like a jump master's boot in your ass to get you over the fear :-).

Array

School
    Quote Originally Posted by David Rosado View Post
    I have a fear of failure. But I have a bigger fear of regret. I don't want to reach a point in my life where I look back at opportunities wasted by fear of failure. I'd rather fail hard and learn than not try and never know. That's perspective.
    Once i got over the spider thing the fear energy was still strong from years of working out. Eventually turning into the fear of failure then turning into jealousy of people that seem to have it better than me, which then turned into anger. Once anger takes the wheel you your compassion for others starts fading away, then eventually you slowly begin to care less and less about yourself and start doing things that are self destructive. They dont seem self destructive at first but that part of your brain that knows something is stupid gets shouted over buy whatever negative energy you are powered up on at the time. What was I writing about. Oh yeah, I did the same thing as you to not allow the fear of failure to be my controller or the cause of my self destruction. So one negative thought energy had to be changed to a more powerful but less self destructive negative energy that can cause positive results. Your perspective caused me to look back to old stuff from a higher point and see it more clearly. Like how when you watch a chess game and you see way more moves than the players since you are detached from the competition.
    Quote Originally Posted by Caliphate Ishtar Allah View Post
    It depends on the fear type. Fear is a natural biological reaction to danger.

Turn your fear into a Game is my advice.
    The type of fear is a funny thing. Theres a video clip that teaches you how to turn fear on and off like a switch for more energy during fighting techniques. You stare at a point on the wall and think of something that scares you, then you try to turn the feeling of being scared off. Once its gone you turn it back on again. You do that over and over until it becomes like turning on and off a switch. It definetly does something. Ive been hooked up to an EKG machine in a ekg class and I was able to drastically speed up and slow down my heart rate. The teach/paramedic/nurse guy couldnt under stand it until I explained it to him in a scientific way. At first I said it was old kung-fu and he looked at me like I said it was magic.

Heres the video. Its at minute mark 4:07

Heres the first part of the video if you want to see it. The head guy looks like he trying to use will power through his eyes to make you buy his dvds sometimes.

Turning your fear into a game is close to something else I do. Ill try to think of a way to make it seem funny or ridiculous and Illogical.

Array

School
    Quote Originally Posted by Tony "The Goods" Garcia View Post
    Paralyzing fear of heights...remedy - signed up with an airborne ranger contract lmfao! Nothing like a jump master's boot in your ass to get you over the fear :-).
    I was hoping someone would post a successful conquering of fear by taking it head on. I guess another type of fight or flight situation. I guess you had a fight or flight and a fight for flight situation

this thread is pure awesomeness. that's some awesome info you provided sean, i read it all.

"Fear is only heightened awareness"

That quote goes hand in hand with this thread hahahaha

Array

School
    Quote Originally Posted by Isaiah Mendoza View Post
    this thread is pure awesomeness. that's some awesome info you provided sean, i read it all.

"Fear is only heightened awareness"

That quote goes hand in hand with this thread hahahaha
    Thx man. I like to look at things from other peoples angles.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast