Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Array

School
    Head instructor 10th Planet Mobile
    I had a horrible nightmare again last night. again

Array

School
    10th Planet Pasadena
    Like anything, and for this particular audience, like jiu-jitsu: Once you put the reps in, it gets easier and easier and more options become available to you. We are beings of limitless possibilty due to our self-awareness and ability to learn. Try coupling that with a trip into the universal unconcious and it's truly amazing what are mind/body/spirit symbiosis can produce. Now let me introduce the theory that I happen to be toying with in that Lucid Dreaming at it's advanced levels is a form of self-evolution of the mind allowing us to think more deeply, realize more patterns, basically tap into the subconscious areas of our mind from a conscious state.

And just to tie-in another thread, perhaps the safest place to be during the Apocalypse is closer than we all think...

"Et lux in tenebris lucet"

Array

School
    10th Planet - Hollywood
    Quote Originally Posted by Brandon Jeffries View Post
    Everyone can Lucid dream, certain plants will help you out. I believe one of them is a beach nut from Africa, but im not sure. This is a good video

Now this girl just happened to help the DEA take down the nations largest LSD operation, and her husband was an informant to the DEA, but her videos have alot of good info on them. Haha her husband kidknapped her boyfriend. He tied him to a chair and made her watch as he injected her boyfriends balls with LSD. Thats besides the point, just wanted to give yall some background info on her.
    What a great video - could have done with out knowing about her boyfriends balls - but I still enjoyed the video!
    (Just Teasing - This was really helpful for me!)

Array

School
    KCBJJ
    I might have narcolepsy.

Basically sometimes when I think about stuff I have a momentary hallucination/dream and then I snap out of it and wake up. I always thought it was just day dreaming but my wife has seen me do it and she says that I am physically nodding off, for brief seconds at a time, unaware that I am nodding in and out of consciousness. Where the narcolepsy comes in is that I'm essentially having vivid REM sleep dreams in a matter of seconds.

Lately reading will sometimes put me into a narcoleptic lethargic state and then I can easily meditate into a lucid dream from there. I essentially just stare past the blackness of my closed eyes until I begin noticing shapes in the darkness. The shapes flesh out into random things until they build a scene and once it stabilizes out I can take control of myself in the dream. It's a weird process since if I get excited or focus on a singular object the dream destabilizes and falls apart. I literally have to just stare past everything and let it form until it solidifies, trying my best to ignore everything.

Quote Originally Posted by Compella View Post
    I've been doing this for years myself; I find it a form of self-awareness within your subconscious so as to "unlock" certain connections to your conscious state, good or bad, your essentially learning to utilize more of your brain potential and control the wilds of the human psyche...the only place truly left unexplored by man to date
    A few starter books:
    Exploring the World of Lucid Dreaming - Stephen LaBerge
    The Lucid Dreamer - Malcolm Godwin
    Tibetan Yogas of Dream and Sleep - Tenzin Wangyal Rinpoche

And here is a podcast a friend of mine put together explaining pretty much everything there is to know about it, enjoy.
    http://lrspodcast.podomatic.com/play...08_49_57-07_00
    Actually speaking of that, I had never been able to do a backflip before, but recently I had a dream that I was doing backflips and all kinds of twisting shit. What was really weird was that it felt REAL. Like really REAL. and I was swimming in the pool the other day and was suddenly able to do these crazy twisting backflips into the pool, like my body suddenly knew how. And last night I dreamt I did a backflip off a wall and it felt SO real, but I haven't had the balls to try that yet. I also fucked jennifer aniston in that dream and that felt real too lol but thats a different story.

Array

School
    Rip Tide Combat and Fitness
    I usually try to fly, but then I dont know where I want to go so I'll just fly real fast. Sometimes take control of nightmares. I would run around like I was in the game Grand Theft Auto but I could fly to different places when I was younger. I try not to cause death and destruction in my dreams now. Seems like all the dream people can tell when you realize your in control of everything. Ive also had dreams a couple years ago where snakes would chase me and it felt like I could feel them biting me or touch and feel things.

Array

School
    Carlson Gracie Miami/10P Miami/Ft. Laud Hotbox remnant
    What's freaking sweet is if you're having a nightmare, like a really bad one with something or someone trying to kill you, then you go "lucid" mid dream and realize that it's just a dream and you're in your bed and that the thing/person trying to get you is just a figment of your mind. In my dreams where I was running for dear life, I'd go "lucid," turn around, and literally laugh and point at the monster/killer person and mock it. They'd start to supplicate to my dominant behavior and the tone of the dream would go from nightmare to semi-comedy. I get a kick out of lucid dreams.

Array

School
    Kalgoorlie :(
    Quote Originally Posted by Salami View Post
    Check out the movie "Waking Life" by Richard Linklater! Been meaning to mention this to Eddie,and Joe.Alex Jones has a part in it.
    Such an eye opening movie/animation. Ethan Hawke also has a part in it

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345