School
    10th planet charlotte
    staph can really be messy..do not want pieces of my flesh cut off

Array

School
    Fi-G Muay Thai/Honeybadger MMA
    Quote Originally Posted by michael craig View Post
    staph can really be messy..do not want pieces of my flesh cut off
    When I got school sores, the doctor I got was an American sports doctor working in New Zealand. He told me about the staph infections you get over there. Sounds nasty.

ive had both staph is the worse buy far much like when we beat the all blacks in the world cup LOL that kinda shit

Array

School
    10TH Planet Morgantown
    Clinto... Beating the All Blacks would be a good thing no? I don't follow Rugby all that much, I only became a fan a few years back, but I've got to say I draw alot of similarity between our Family (10TH Planet) and the All Blacks in the sense that I believe we create a little fear walking into a venue. Fear of the unknown maybe? Maybe not?!? I know your probably a huge rugby fan and you love you Wallabies, so I surely don't mean to offend. Do the All Blacks STILL create a Lil tension or fear on the field with their Haka? I joked with my Teams that we should have a 10TH Planet haka... Lol. At any rate I'm glad to hear the good news of SBC has made it your way along with the 10TH Planet

hahahahahah its kinda a friendly cross Tasman rivalry neale i'm sure tim will get it bro where is this soap down under staph set me back 3 months easy i do not want it again AT ALL where do i get some for real @ tim if theres a game on in perth and your here we will get on the piss bro

Array

School
    Westshore Wrestling Club

Defense Soap

Our mission at Defense Soap is to protect combat athletes from skin infections by providing top of the line effective products and by promoting education regarding prevention and general knowledge of these infections. Five years ago when I founded Defense we were fighting this fight alone. Over the years we have seen other soap companies come and go in an attempt to enter the market. We appreciate the effort others have put forward to protect combat athletes and we deplore the efforts of some who are here simply to make a buck off the blood and seat of combat athletes.

It appears to us that Super Body Care has a similar mission to ours therefore we are encouraged that they will help bring about awareness regarding these infections. This thread alone is proof that combat athletes are more aware today then they were five years ago.

We believe in capitalism and the right to choose. Seeing that there are 12,000,000 combat athletes in the United States alone the task of reaching each and everyone is daunting to say the least. Competition is great for both of our companies. It will drive both of us to improve which in the end is beneficial to our customers, the combat athlete.

If you would like a free sample of Defense Soap please send an email to defensesoap@msn.com and mention this thread along with your name and address.

Guy
    Defense Soap
    Last edited by Defense Soap; 08-30-2010 at 10:16 AM.

Array

School
    10th planet Peterborough
    I was talking to Einstien on the weekend and he swears by thieves oil. He says you smell like a hippy but most of us smell like hippies via weed: )

Array

School
    10TH Planet Morgantown
    Amen to Guy and Cheri and all of the folks on this post. Capitalism was not my motivation for starting this post and I am glad Guy has jumped on board. My reasoning was and is awareness. As many of you know I have opened a new Academy and it has been my mission to spread the word to my ranks. Lynchburg in difference to Morgantown has a student based comprised of younger athletes who were not as informed as my other Academy. Within or first month here we had a ringworm incident. It was isolated and contained quite efficiently and I spent some time speaking with all the students of the importance of cleanliness. I clean my mats daily and wipe down the equipment regularly. Point in fact none of that matters if YOU, the students, are not washing your clothes DAILY and showering or wiping down with SBC or DEFENSE wipes immediately after class. Swap out your towels and wash cloths daily as well guys. The main point here is that whether you choose SBC or DEFENSE choose one of them and make it your habit!

Thanks!
    Last edited by Neale Hoerle; 08-30-2010 at 02:16 PM.

Array

School
    Westshore Wrestling Club

Prevention Tips

Hi Neale,

Here are my personal tips from Defense Soap

In the Shower

1. Do not lather directly under the flow of water. Allow soap to remain on skin momentarily.
    2. Use a loofah (mesh sponge) but not too vigorously. Vigorous scrubbing will cause small abrasions to the surface of the skin allowing penetration by the sources of infection.
    3. Wash the back of the neck and hairline thoroughly. The Collar Tie is responsible for the over abundance of skin infections found here. Our hands touch everything in the wrestling room including the mats, our bodies, our opponent’s body and anything else you might pick up. Everything collected by our hands is transferred to the back of our opponent’s neck. Wash this area twice.
    4. Wear shower shoes. Athlete’s foot is caused by the same Tinea (fungus) that causes ringworm.
    5. Do not share towels and wash towels after each use.
    6. Dry off thoroughly.
    7. Wear loose fitting clothes to allow your skin to breathe.

In the Gym

We also need to protect ourselves on the mats. We all know that the mats are a battlefield. They are a place we go to compete or to train and prepare for competition. Part of this preparation and training should include proper hygiene. Here are a few tips that can help in the room.

1. Carry your shoes to practice. When leaving the room for water or bathroom breaks wipe your shoes before entering back into the room. Shoes can be wiped on a towel dampened with solution from your bucket of mat cleaner. Wet the towel in the bucket before cleaning the mats.
    2. Fighters who train barefoot should never walk on the floor without proper foot coverings.
    3. The foot coverings should always be removed before entering the mats or ring.
    4. Change your shirt often during practice. Once a shirt becomes soaked in sweat it becomes permeable. Your sweat becomes a vehicle for infections to pass through your clothing and onto your skin.
    5. Wear a thick cotton t-shirt or clothing made of synthetic fibers that "wick" the sweat away from the body, helping to keep the skin dry.
    6. When sitting on the wall do not play with the mats. Wrestlers often lean with their backs against the wall with their hands at their sides touching the edges of the mats along the wall. Take a look at what is in between the wall and the edge of the mat. When was the last time this area was cleaned and when was the last time your wall mats were cleaned?
    7. Do not train with partners who have skin infections and do not train if you, yourself are infected.
    8. Cover and treat any trauma to the skin including, cuts, scrapes, and new tattoos. New tattoos are the product of the skin being pierced literally thousands of times. Always apply an antibiotic ointment or healing salve before covering for added protection. Of course this is going to fall off during training and will have to be recovered.
    9. When leaving the room always, always, always, consider yourself contaminated because you are. Shower immediately and properly. If a shower is not available use a body wipe to hold you over until you can shower.

Don't Forget The Equipment. Be sure to use Defense Sanitizer on the following items.

Having a clean room is also a necessity but a clean room is more then just mopping the mats. There are many more surfaces that we come in contact with other than floor mats. Consider cleaning the following:

1. Wall mats.
    2. Takedown dummies. (Remove the clothing and launder it and wipe down vinyl surfaces.)
    3. Throw dummies.
    4. Crash pads or throw mats.
    5. Fighters, wipe down your bags, bag gloves and your hands after wearing bag gloves.
    6. Fungi like to live in damp and dark places. Make your room light and dry. A dehumidifier can pull moisture out of your room.
    7. Battling skin infections is more then just topical. Diet can play a huge role in how healthy our skin is and healthy skin is harder to infect. Here are a few diet and skin care tips:
    8. Keep your blood sugars under control. Aim for blood sugars of 80 mg/dl to 120 mg/dl before meals, and 100 mg/dl to 140 mg/dl at bedtime.
    9. Keep your Hemoglobin A1c at 7% or less (a 3 month average blood sugar test). This prevents dry skin.
    10. Drink eight glasses of water a day. Of course when cutting weight we all would love to have eight glasses of water however we just cannot do this. Applying lotion to the skin will help keep it moist.
    11. Eat whole grains, fresh fruits and vegetables and small amounts of lean protein rather then sugary or fat laden foods. Keep a balanced diet even when cutting back.
    12. Rest to increase your body’s resistance. You will catch infections easier if you are worn down.
    13. Once infected, proper care is required to rid you of the infection and promote healing.
    14. Do not touch the infection. Wash your hands immediately if you do touch an infection.
    15. Consult your trainer or physician with all possible infections. The sooner you treat an infection the less established it would be. The infection will be easier to clear up, creating less damage to the skin.
    16. Use medicine completely and as recommended. The infection may still be present even though it may not be visible.
    17. Use the proper medication for each infection. Using the wrong medicine my make the infection worse. An example of this is using cortisone creams on fugal infections, which help fungus grow.
    18. Many of us train for hours a day for competition, some are coaches and some just want to stay in shape. Whatever reason we have to be on the mat or in the ring, we all share the common threat of skin infections. Preventing, treating and curing skin infections can be made easier with a little education on the topic.

Hope this helps,

Guy
    Defense Soap

Array

School
    10TH Planet Morgantown
    Thanks Guy! ATTN: ALL NIBIRU WARRIORS IMHO this should be printed out and handed out to every student! Lets get on it guys!

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast