Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Array

School
    Fighting Dragons Combat Sports & Behring Jiu Jitsu

Suffered My First Real Injury Today

Was rolling with 18 year old who was going balls to the wall. Felt something weird in my left ripcage about 2 min in. But kid was being such a ducie boy, I didn't want to tap. Went for about 10 minutes until I swept and got to the back. RNC as hard as I could. He tucked his chin and wouldn't tap. I had it locked up and he was whimpering bad. I told him, swallow your pride and tap because you can break a jaw this way. He did.LOL.

But joke was on me. I went to get up and I couldn't. Couldn't take a deep breath, couldn't raise my left arm above my head. Never felt that kinda pain.

I stretched all the cartalidge and ligaments that hold your ribs togeather on the left side. Nothing can be done but rap it tight and give it time to heal. Sucks !!!!! Got Naga at end of month. First one starting new year. Everyone tells me it takes a long time to heal......... All because some 175 pound 18 year old bone head thought he was fighting for the UFC title, or maybe because I was just as stupid and didn't stop when i first felt something go wrong. But NNNOOOOOO ! I had to show him who was boss, that worked out really well.

I picked up a new gun last night and I hurt to much to fire it..... Sucks.

Array

School
    Charlotte Jiu Jitsu Academy
    That sucks Machine. Looks like you learned from it though. Rest it up good. You don't want to be out any longer than you have to.

Array

School
    10th Planet Hartford
    Hope u get better soon...but does this mean your not going to naga??????? I WANT MY REMACTH hahaha

Array

School
    10th Planet Ronin/JKD Institute
    Rib injuries suck. When you think it's healed, give it another month. I had a similar injury and after about 6 weeks i felt back to normal until I got slammed on my side. The injury was there, like it never left.

Array

School
    10th planet Peterborough
    I've had that injury, it blows and takes a while. My left lower rib sticks out at least a half inch from healing crappy
    Doesn't hurt now but looks funny
    Stewart Landry
    Head Instructor 10th Planet Peterborough

Same here, upper left ribcage getting stacked by a wrestler. Felt the pain all the way into my neck and couldn't look to the right with severe stabbing pain. Took me completely out for a good 2 and half months.

Array

School
    10th Pranet HQ Hollywood
    can you cough hard without being in pain?
    if so you might have a fracture( not as serious as it sounds)
    but the recovery time is EPIC
    it took me 2 months!

get well soon connor!

that sucks man. your opponent shouldn't have been going that hard but at the same time, you should've swallowed your pride and just stopped rolling with him. I'm always the smallest guy at the gym and I'm right there where you were, everyday. If a guy is going 100% and he's bigger than me, I'll just avoid him from ever rolling with me again. or you can be really annoying and just tap every 2 seconds before he gets something going hah

Array

School
    10th Planet Rochester; 10th Planet St. Paul
    Sorry to hear that bud. That sucks. I've broken my ribs twice and yeah, it takes a LONG time to heal up. Cartilage damage and small rib fractures feel the same and you can do just about as much for them -- nothing. The two biggest risks from rib injuries are pneumonia (regardless of the injury) and a punctured lung (from a small break turning into a big break from, oh I dunno, rolling with a giant 18 year-old. ). An X-ray isn't a bad idea just to rule out a break. If there's no break you can just take it easy and in a couple of weeks you'll be back to at least technique classes. If it's a break, you don't want to risk it breaking further or not healing properly and you'll have to stay out a lot longer. Take care kiddo and remember that you've got nothing to prove. Your record stands on its own.

Array

School
    Fighting Dragons Combat Sports & Behring Jiu Jitsu
    Already had it checked. No breaks, just soft tissue they said. But Sometimes hurts longer than a break, i was told. Not the way i wanted to start the new year. But injuries are part of the game. I will do my best to get it to heal fast. No matter what I will fight at Naga at end of the month, So don't worry Emir, you will get your rematch.lol.

I know it sounds stupid of me to get into ego rolls with older guys, but I really don't have much choice. I kinda have a target on my back all the time at class. Not by any of the REAL jiu jitsu guys, they are all my bro's. All the newbie's. You know the ones that come in thinking there tough guys because they watch ufc and and practice basement jits with all there friends.lol. I don't get it. I don't see how beating me really would mean a whole lot to these guys. It's like me walking into our kids class and pounding our best 8 year old. Not really a huge ego booster to me. Whatever, I'll keep following the rule of gym justice. Go as hard as you want someone to go on you. I can't avoid them, I need matt time to get better. These guys that go all Ralphie on me just make me stronger.lol.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast