Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Array

School
    The Arena MMA

Tattoos and rolling.

At waht point after getting tattooed can you start rolling again without fear of infection?

Array

School
    10TH Planet Morgantown
    Quote Originally Posted by johnnyboy View Post
    At waht point after getting tattooed can you start rolling again without fear of infection?
    Im no doctor but I do have a half sleeve and a few other tats. I rolled after every sleeve session allowing about 4-6 days. Evenso, here is what I did... I lathered it in bacitracin, wrapped it in gauze, wrapped it in and ace bandage and pulled a long sleeve rash guard over it.

That worked for me but I suppose it all depends on location etc. Even with all of that you have to be careful because one time my skin split open where my outline was a bit to deep. Ya gotta be careful my friend!

if youre getting a tattoo, think of it as an open wound. They tell you not to go in a pool. So just figure it will take that long before the skin heals. you dont want to A= expose your open wound to bacteria on the mat/ your partner. B= break the skin while its healing and bleed/ fuck up your new awsome tasmanian devil holding a rose dripping blood with a mother banner.
    Im not a doctor either. But i have lots of tattoos and know how they healed differently each time as i did my aftercare differently. If it scabs, Let it heal on its own. Having your rash guard rip the scab off and ruining the design will suck more than a couple weeks not rolling. and thats my 2cents

Array

School
    Triple Threat Combat Sports / Yamasaki Brazilian Jiu Jitsu Academy Delaware
    I got a shit load of ink - I have a standing appointment with my guy on SAT(s) and Im back in class on MON nite... never had an issue

Array

School
    The Arena MMA
    I've got a sleeve and a pretty big side piece and usually i take about 2weeks off but that just seems a bit too long. I'll probably take your advice Kevin. Thanks

Array

School
    Triple Threat Combat Sports / Yamasaki Brazilian Jiu Jitsu Academy Delaware
    Quote Originally Posted by johnnyboy View Post
    I've got a sleeve and a pretty big side piece and usually i take about 2weeks off but that just seems a bit too long. I'll probably take your advice Kevin. Thanks
    right after my tattoos...I put neosporin on it and keep it wrapped in saran wrap for 24 hrs (keeps it from scabbing) next day wash with soap n water...keep applying thin coat of neo for about a week then white hand cream for 10 days. like i said, i get ink on sat n train again mon nites.

It also depends how big the area of your tattoo is. I play it safe. Usually it's around 10 days. But just listen to your body.

Array

School
    Ground Control Winston-Salem/10th Planet Charlotte
    Like weebo said a tattoo is an open wound I would not want to risk somebodys or my own health I would guess a week at the very least.

Array

School
    10th Planet Decatur
    I normally wait atleast 2 weeks. I dont want to risk messing up the new ink.

Array

School
    10th Planet Chicago
    I have rolled the next day. Just shower at the gym. I usually get work on thursday and roll on saturday. My brother is a tattoo artist and some dudes ask for this clear film that hurts like hell when you pull it off. Main thing is that you dont lose any scabbing because it could scar or definately need to be touched up.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast