Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast
    Array

School
    10th Planet Jiu Jitsu

Steven Seagal, I just cant take you seriously

Seriously I dont know what it is about that guy but he just doesnt seem that legit. I know hes been around for awhile but all I know of him is his movies and hearing about him issuing a challenge and Judo Gene Lebell choking him out cold to where he ended up pissing his pants.
    What do you guys think, is he the real deal or is this a publicity stunt for Blackhouse?
    #10thplanetFREAKS

naw he's legit. look he made shit movies. He was probably the corniest actor I have ever seen and everytime I watch his movies I vomit/laugh. But that being said he's been studying martial arts for over 40 years. He's a 7th degree black belt in akido. That means he's been into martial arts MUCH longer than me or you.

Look I get it movie stars would seriously have to put in WORK to ever have a chance competing in mma. Having awesome technique and fancy moves doesen't compensate for lack of cardio and sparring/reaction experience. But that doesen't mean that in his 40 years, he hasn't learned a thing or two about fighting. And I guarantee a lot of those techniques haven't been explored and are totally underutilized in mma.

So if machida's dad, a karate master can teach machida a few nifty techniques, or Joe Rogan, a TKD expert/announcer can show GSP how to throw a KILLER spinning back kick, then why can't Stevan Seagal, a movie star/7th degree akido master, with 40 years experience of perfecting technique, show silva and machida how to throw a sickass front kick?

and ya, seagal is a media whore and probably did get his ass whooped by a Judokan. Let me ask you this though, if you put Rogan in the cage with gene lebell in his prime he'd probably get his ass whooped too. But that doesen't mean he still doesen't know how to throw a killer spinning back kick.

Array

School
    Ronin

"how delusional are you" Bas Rutten
    formerly known as jmw0582

Array

School
    10th Planet Rochester
    Anyone who wear's yellow tinted shooting glasses out to events is not legit! Yes, I know his ranks. He discredits himself with his own retardness! He needs to go work with guy's from WWE!

Array

School
    Ronin

Array

School
    Ronin
    http://www.cagesideseats.com/2011/2/...d-time-machine

Silva hit Hendo with that kick before this bullshit started with Seagall. I would not be surprised to find out Seagall is clinically retarded.

Array

School
    Ronin
    since when is aikido known for its kicks?

nearly 10 min of advanced aikido and I did not see one kick. I could be wrong though that little old guy could have been throwing all kinds of kicks under those big ass pants and I might have never seen them.

Array

School
    10th Planet Dawsonville Hotbox
    He has trained in martial arts for a long a period of time and there's no telling what other disciplines he's trained in or his instructors had trained in. I don't know how effective it is since I've never trained Akido but it sure does look cool.

Array

School
    nowhere atm
    i don't like him. i think he's a doucher that is trying to get back into the spotlight with anderson and lyoto. seriously..taking credit for the front kick??? plus he's so goddam smug

Array

School
    Ronin
    http://www.stevenseagal.com/home.html
    Doesn't say anything about any other martial arts rank in his bio and as full of this guy is of him self Im sure he would list it. I have never seen video or heard about him doing anything other than aikido.

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast