Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Array

School
    10th Planet Hartford

Is the world an illusion

Is it?... Watch ths video http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oBVeRdpCeSo

Freidrich Nietzsche explores this idea in great depth and everything that goes along with it. If I were to give you my perspective of it... I would probably never stop typeing. You can read up on it pretty easy by searching for his name and audio books. If your really interested in this topic, I highly recommend the works of Robert C. Solomon and Kathleen Higgins; 2 professors from Texas University have explored many of his works and have a lot of material, unless you want to read straight up german or translations of german. Walter Kaufmann is a boring translator in some of his works - R.J. Hollingdale is brilliant (but limited).

Immanuel Kant touches only on Epistomology when it comes to the subject... But I never really cared for him as a philosopher.

Array

School
    10th Planet Rochester
    I've seen that movie.

Array

School
    Aspiring 10th Planet Fans/Alpha Tae Kwon Do
    Deep deep thoughts.

Array

School
    10th Planet St. Paul
    The world is NOT an illusion...but you ARE in a dream state.

cant
    you can feel, touch, smell, hear, and taste things
    in dreams you cant do any of those things

Array

School
    KCBJJ
    Totally pointless. Even if the world is an illusion it is still the interface through which you have to deal with incoming signals.

Array

School
    10th Planet Van Nuys
    You know this guy, Burt Harding, is full of shit. This is from his Website explaining his Lineage in his teachings.

Burt started teaching after an experience with Bhagavan Sri Ramana Maharshi ( another man full of shit who died at the age of 71 in 1950), who appeared to him in 1974 while he was living in Toronto, Ontario. As a result of this experience, he acquired the sure knowledge that the only reality lies in the present moment, the Now, and that everything else is just an illusion. His spiritual search ended in that realization.

Moral of the story: Please direct your attention and intelligence to true scientific research and documentation if you are interested in real answers to your questions.

Array

School
    10th Planet St. Paul
    Quote Originally Posted by Brent Elton View Post
    cant
    you can feel, touch, smell, hear, and taste things
    in dreams you cant do any of those things
    I was talking more Buddhist philosophy ans less Inception.

Quote Originally Posted by AJ Camacho View Post
    Totally pointless. Even if the world is an illusion it is still the interface through which you have to deal with incoming signals.
    yep indeed

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast