Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by frank-theman-james View Post
    as I mentioned on my face book the other night, no gracie has ever fought a recorded no holes barred match ever, hear me again, EVER! in all the matches that they held pre ufc, helio always put in that there would be no, eye gouging, no fish hooking, and definately no biting. I come from a long kenpo karate and shotokan backgroung where I was once a nationally ranked fighter. And tournament fighting is far from no contact, this year I have had five ribs broken, a broken foot, and was punched in the throat full power, and at black belt level, with black belt judges, this is expected. And another thing, I've done club security, private security, and bounty hunting, and I can tell you with no unwaivering in my voice, on the fucking ground is the absolutely last fucking place you want to be in a real fight. you will get your head peeeled like a grape. And on a final note, gracie jujitsu is a competition art, meant to compete with in a controlled enviroment, with a judge to yell stop, and gi used to control and submit your opponent. I can't believe that 10th planet guys are even listening to royce gracie and his smug ass bullshit about his art being the best self defense in the world. In a real street fight, I would pluck his eye out as I was biting my intitials into his forehead while I stomp the rest of his ass into the pavement. and as many of you are calling bullshit right now, check the ncdoc as to my record, and you will see that I'm not joking. I love juijitsu as much as anybody, but I no its limitations in real life situations. In the street, There are really no rules, and your next mistake could be your last, so I say fuck all who fuck with me, they can cry to jesus as they try to talk their way into heaven....
    Eye gouging, and biting are okay to make space but if you are fighting a wrestler or Jiu Jitsu guy then you are going to be on your back and whos to say they don't eye gouge you are bite you after all they have the better position.

Array

School
    BJJ Singapore
    a person's first reaction in a brawl is a punch.
    not a bite or poke.

Array

School
    10thPlanet Oceanside
    This tread is funny were on a Jiujitsu forum and we got all these people coming out the woodworks saying it dosent work LOL if you honestly belive that why do you even train and learn it??? Im a United States Marine and have trained Jiujitsu on top of the Marine Corps Martial Arts Program which dose include jiujitsu for years am I an expert? No have I seen people use ground fighting to save there lives in combat YES!! So ask youself this if jiujitsu is a purley effective sport art then why do we study groundfighting in the Marine Corps???? Why did the samuri use and practice various submissions and throws that eventually made it to what we know as jiujitsu today????? Probably because it dose in fact actualy work even in the most hellish circumstances on earth which we know as COMBAT!!!! But Im sure all you bouncers and self professed streetfighters know better than me LOL look youself in the mirror if you dont think it works then go away stop training Jiujitsu go learn the mythical "Death Touch" Im sure that will work much better and youll be able to take everybody out
    Last edited by Daniel Elizondo; 09-18-2010 at 11:08 AM.

Array

School
    KCBJJ
    Quote Originally Posted by Aikijiujitsu View Post
    When you add in 12 to 6 elbows to the spine on a dude shooting in knees to an opponents head in the 3 point stance head butts in the guard eye gouges fish hooks biting weapons it changes the whole dynamic of a fight honestly the best thing is just being able to adapt.
    Head-butt in the guard? FREE POSTURE BREAK!

Array

School
    10th Planet Chicago
    Street fighting is all about opportunity what ever is there friend, knife, gun, stick, keys etc. will get used. You would want to study krav maga, military combatives, kali, escrama, jj , judo and so much more to learn what you need to know to encounter all the possible scenarios. All about surviving, jail isnt that fun, not worth it. But most "street fights" go to the ground sometime so JJ is a solid base.
    Last edited by Josh Passini; 09-18-2010 at 02:00 PM.

Array

School
    Pedro Bessa BJJ
    Not to say jiu-jitsu is perfect for self-defence (having it is awesome, insisting on using it could be a mistake), but the beauty of jiu-jitsu over "street only" techniques (eye gouges, etc.)? You can actually train it.

Why rely on something in self-defence that you've only thought about doing? Unless you got a bunch of pirate looking dudes at your gym now.
    Last edited by Brad McLoughlin; 09-18-2010 at 02:04 PM. Reason: typo

Array

School
    KCBJJ
    Quote Originally Posted by Brad McLoughlin View Post
    Not to say jiu-jitsu is perfect for self-defence (having it is awesome, insisting on using it could be a mistake), but the beauty of jiu-jitsu over "street only" techniques (eye gouges, etc.)? You can actually train it.

Why rely on something in self-defence that you've only thought about doing? Unless you got a bunch of pirate looking dudes at your gym now.
    Yeah, that's a great question. Would most people prefer a myriad of lethal self defense moves drilled with soft hands or gentler (relatively speaking) jiujitsu techniques practiced at 100% speed with full resistance?

Array

School
    ninthlevelmma, goldsboro, nc
    in reply to all the guys who posted replys to mine, I only have this to say.... obviously none of you have ever had someone with real evil desire jam his finger second knuckle deep into your eye socket and attempt to remove said eye from said socket. And any one who knows anything about fighting will tell you that an attack on one of the most vital senses will definately change you chain of thought as when faced with loss of sight, all offensive attacking will cease and retreat will take over. I have been in over a thousand bar fights and attacking the eyes is one of my favorite moves, and yes the result has always been the same, with the other guy letting out a horrific scream and began flailing at the hand that was tickling his frontal lobe. and no I;m not bullshitting either, I'm sorta known for that very thing after pulling a guys eye out of his head and him having to undergo a couple hours of surgery to have it put back in. which leads to my final point, when you grapple knowing that submission is the ultimate outcome, you really have the safety net outlook that you can set at which point you say uncle. now when faced with the reality that you may be severely disfigured and mamed, grappling to submission looks pretty damn safe. and before any of you smartasses comeback with "you can break arms and choke people to death", let me go ahead and say yes you can, but I have had my arm broke and it healed, big whoop!, and I dont think any of you have choke anyone to death, as much as some of you may claim to be that bad, murder and killing people is a whole new level and takes a certain individual to pull that off. Do you Get the point.... in A REAL FIGHT, WHERE YOUR LIFE MAY BE THE FINAL PRICE, I'M NOT LOOKING TO MAKE A GUY TAP. I'M LOOKING TO DESTROY HIM AND MAKE HIM WANT TO HAVE A RELIGIOUS EXPERIENCE WHERE HE BECOMES ONE WITH THE LORD AS HE PRAYS FOR MERCY TO HIS ALMIGHTY GOD, THAT HE STRIKE DOWN THIS MONSTER THAT IS RAGING MAYHEM UPON HIM. As many of you beginning martial artists who may have gotten into it for whatever reason have yet to learn, that the reason it is called martial arts, is because it is deadly, and ultimately there are only a few of you when placed in those situations, will have the ability to kill someone who is trying to hurt you. thus realize, mindset is 50 percent of the fight, so check your mindset.

Array

School
    ninthlevelmma, goldsboro, nc
    to ryan cook, because I'm 6'6" and 240 lbs of man who can bench 365 lbs with over 25 years of various martial arts training from kenpo, to traditional standing juijitsu. I can control any opponent with my guard and vice versa long enough to manuveur my hand into place to stick my thumb into his eye with ease and very little effort and then when he realizes that Im in it to win it and furthermore make him understand that I intend on getting much pleasure out of hurting him and permanantly disfiguring him as to my very sadistic nature needs to be satisfied with the blood of man from time to time, his apparent need to make me cry uncle will fly out the fucking window. ask relson if he has ever been faced with that, someone who has a blood lust and genuinually enjoys hurting pople who challenge him. That is a lesson that can not be learned in any dojo, it is earned by growing up dirt poor in south atlanta where people die everyday and I was fortunate enough to survive and get out to be who I am today. thank you and if this sounds shitty, sorry just trying to make you understand that while I love jits and sparring, I;m experienced enough with all the fights that I have been in to know that when I'm beating somebodys ass, I'm not looking to play tap or nap. And I guess that is a little of the difference in itself. I'm not going to simply fight somebody where I hit him he hits me, I'm going to try and really hurt this gut with a beating, I'm talking about stomping him after he has tapped out, plucking his eye out, biting him in his face, dislocating several fingers which nobody on here has even mentioned as being another of the gracie nonos, and when I'm all done and have decided that he has had enough, I'll spit the biggest, nastiest lugi right in his face. See the difference in my posts and every other person on here.

Array

School
    Ronin
    Hey Frank Im curious because of your strong stance against bjj for self defense who gave you your purple belt?
    formerly known as jmw0582

Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast