Page 8 of 15 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Array

School
    University of Jiu Jitsu, 10th Planet Vista
    Hahaha good stuff guys ... so much time wasted. BUT here I go lol. In my opinion its a punk, HOWEVER, its made to entertain us all and to make life a bit more fun so its a douchy thing to do to try and uncover it like your some Sherloc Holmes lol. If it is a punk then itll come out in the future but meanwhile just enjoy, you gotto remember Eddie and the crew are professionals at Jiu Jitsu NOT acting, so enough of this critique lol cmon'

Array

School
    10th Planet Omaha
    Hey Crazies,

The Renato saga has me laughing my ass off everytime I see it. So funny.
    Last edited by Christopher Crayon; 09-03-2010 at 02:48 AM.

Array

School
    Unaffiliated
    Quote Originally Posted by Renato Laranja View Post
    When you gonna train with weights, do you need to take the weights home with you to see if you gonna have muscles? No. If you train hard,the muscles gonna stay. It's the same with the Gi. That's Jiu-Jitsu.

Array

School
    KCBJJ
    Quote Originally Posted by Travis Reichert View Post
    No one should complain about jujitsu ju-jitsu jiu-jitsu or any other type of grappling because the basis is all the same to subdue your opponent without excessive force. All jiu-jitsu started from Japan with the Gi, but all submissions go back to acient Greeks and Romans so Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu isn't necessarily better than 10thppj or Japanese jujitsu its all the art of grappling and submissions with variations, people should just be accepting of all like Heidi said we all come from the same lineage when it comes to grappling whether you are from Brazil, America, Japan, Asia, Greece ect...
    Yeah but that explanation of "shaking" the grip off the pant leg was pretty bad. Renato got Eddie with that one.

Array

School
    10th Planet Montreal
    Renato is a true demi-god of the Annunaki. He comes from a bloodline of higher power, knowledge and technology. Mainly the Gi gives him these gifts.

Array

School
    Marcelo Garcia Academy
    Guys,

I see a lot of posts on here about Renato Laranga and many of them are pretty disrespectful. Some of you have basically claimed that it is all joke and he's not real etc. - IF ONLY THAT WERE TRUE. Come to headquarters and you will see.

I don't agree with Renato (or anyone) interrupting class because to me, that's disrespecting Eddie and a few guys and I have talked to him about it because a week ago things got out of hand. But likewise, he is entitled to all of his opinions on the gi and its value and I think having an open mind is one of the main unique points about 10th planet.

Renato has been training at 10th planet in Hollywood and he is a Brazilian black belt. You don't see film on the days where he is just a great training partner to have and he is just there to train. What you've seen is video on a couple of incidents with Eddie but everyone is trying to work it out and train in a friendly environment. It doesn't help when on these forums so many of you are making fun of him or how he carries himself. I think we should try to have a team that tries to adapt itself and enfold people with different views rather than reject them outright - despite the flareups we've had at HQ, I think we are all trying to show mutual respect, Renato included, and I am happy to welcome any and all blackbelts who want to come and train with us.
    Last edited by Nathan "Máquina"; 09-03-2010 at 01:21 PM.

Array

School
    Port City MMA
    Quote Originally Posted by Nathan "Máquina" View Post
    Guys,

I see a lot of posts on here about Renato Laranga and many of them are pretty disrespectful. Some of you have basically claimed that it is all joke and he's not real etc. - IF ONLY THAT WERE TRUE. Come to headquarters and you will see.

I don't agree with Renato (or anyone) interrupting class because to me, that's disrespecting Eddie and a few guys and I have talked to him about it because a week ago things got out of hand. But likewise, he is entitled to all of his opinions on the gi and its value and I think having an open mind is one of the main unique points about 10th planet.

Renato has been training at 10th planet in Hollywood and he is a Brazilian black belt. You don't see film on the days where he is just a great trainer partner to have and he is just there to train. What you've seen is video on a couple of incidents with Eddie but everyone is trying to work it out and train in a friendly environment. It doesn't help when on these forums so many of you are making fun of him or how he carries himself. I think we should try to have a team that tries to adapt itself and enfold people with different views rather than reject them outright - despite the flareups we've had at HQ, I think we are all trying to show mutual respect, Renato included, and I am happy to welcome any and all blackbelts who want to come and train with us.
    Bro, the fact is that most of us don't live anywhere near Hollywood and the only knowledge that we have of Renato is what we see on MTS... We all also know that Eddie (by his own admission) sometimes feels compelled to fuck with people and has done so in the past... If that's the case, then it's funny as hell if it's not the case, then perhaps Renato doesn't realize how naturally entertaining he is... However I don't think anyone on here meant any disrespect to anyone!!! We (as a whole) are not that type of community...

Array

School
    Ronin
    Laranja puts the "Gi" in "no-Gi Jiu Jitsu." He is the best thing ever to happen to 10th planet. The reason they're not putting up any footage of him rolling with people is cause he's clowning them all with Renato Jiu Jitsu.

That's right. I said it! Brasil Jiu Jitsu...Porra!!

Array

School
    Liverpool Vale Tudo
    Renato is a LEGIT black belt, his no-gi game is actually very, very solid. I didn't get to see him roll with Eddie who was injured when I was over there, but he was schooling everybody I saw him go with.

Page 8 of 15 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast