Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
    Array

School
    10th Planet St. Paul

New Transition? Or has someone else stumbled onto this?

Last edited by Michael Frederick; 10-21-2011 at 03:08 AM.

Array

School
    Liverpool Vale Tudo
    Nobody is going to let you get out like that. When you sit up, the other guy does nothing to defend. If he gets seatbelt control with his left arm going under and right arm going over, it's a real easy back take and you can't roll. Nice idea, but very low percentage and very risky.
    Last edited by Jay Chow; 10-17-2011 at 03:19 AM.

Array

School
    Ronin
    Didn't somebody just post something real similar to this? Either way....I'm 100% sure this will not work. You see what I did there?
    formerly known as jmw0582

Array

School
    10th Planet St. Paul
    see i thought that too, but ive hit that calf crush before live rolling back in the US

Array

School
    Ronin
    Quote Originally Posted by Jonathan Wylie View Post
    Didn't somebody just post something real similar to this? Either way....I'm 100% sure this will not work. You see what I did there?
    haha it was you I found the thread.
    formerly known as jmw0582

Array

School
    Head instructor 10th Planet Mobile
    Quote Originally Posted by Michael Frederick View Post
    see i thought that too, but ive hit that calf crush before live rolling back in the US
    On who?

It helps to drill with a simulated defense. Nobody is going to chill on there hands and knees in halfguard.

Array

School
    10th Planet St. Paul
    Bobby, I hit on my training partners at 10p st. paul... i understand that the video is slow without a simulated defense i was just recording for other people to see, when we whip up from a lock down we go to our sides and the only thing stopping us from taking the back is your opponent putting in a wizzer, well when i shift to the outside like that there isnt a way to put a wizzer in for him after i whip up because im not going across the back. all i need to do is clear his outside arm with my inside arm and im sitting up next to him while hes on all fours, obviously hes not just gonna let me take his back but if he rolls into me we end up sitting in twister side with the grapevine in, if he rolls away hes either giving up his back still or his leg spins and you have the truck. Im not exactly sure if this will work the majority of the time, if you clear that arm there isnt anything stopping you from sitting up.

Array

School
    10th Planet JJ Phoenix
    I've hit that off on arm drag when I have an underhook in half guard. I used Brents technique below with this transition..I switch the hooks, arm drag and roll.. usually the guy defends by falling to his back, you can get to the truck or power the legs down and get the back

Array

School
    10th Planet St. Paul
    switch that last statement if he rolls away its the twister side with grapevine, if he rolls in there his back or he rolls completly through to the truck

Array

School
    10th Planet JJ Phoenix
    NO .. you roll with him, and get the truck, not twister side.. this is why JJ is personal my friend

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast