Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Array

School
    10th Planet Corona
    Quote Originally Posted by Slick Rick View Post
    I read the thread and they did bring up a good point about having a competition team. Everything else is the normal stuff you'd expect from someone trying to get a rise out of people.
    I'm guessing the competition team will show you how to hold a person in side control or in half guard if one is up by points. As boring as that may sound, that produces 'winners'.
    It sucked that they took my heel hooks and knee reaping away. That's a big part of grappling for me and I felt a bit handicapped.
    I agree totally. Would be nice to get a more solid competition team that focuses on winning instead of subbing.

Quote Originally Posted by Calan Ownhouse View Post
    I agree totally. Would be nice to get a more solid competition team that focuses on winning instead of subbing.
    Idk winning by points is ok i guess... i mean its still technically a win but that's not how i roll, i roll to sub. I roll to completely win with no doubt about who was better. I think that the train of thought u are going down may UNINTENTIONALLY cause stalling.

Array

School
    Head instructor 10th Planet Mobile
    They're right. Next year, or the year after that. Who cares? Fact is, its an mma oriented system, tryin to succeed in a completely different rule set. There might have to be some focus on bein able to manipulate these rules properly, which is what the best are doin.

I will never stop believin in 10p tho. Cuz what if they can punch you in tha face?

Array

School
    Back from vacation
    ^ will be DQed for punching someone in he face.

Array

School
    Head instructor 10th Planet Mobile
    ^ not in mma. Which is why I started trainin jj.

Array

School
    10th Planet Phoenix
    Quote Originally Posted by Taylor Culbertson View Post
    ^ will be DQed for punching someone in he face.
    Apparently, you can also get DQed for using the Electric Chair. =/

Array

School
    10P Gulf Shores, Atlanta, Atmore
    Can't really argue with the numbers, but 10p hasn't had the time the others schools have had. I personally think we will surpass them just because of heart, we believe in our system and want it more than they do, if they win its like cool, I won worlds, but if one of us wins its like we all won as a system, nthats what sets us apart and will carry us farther than them. Imhmo

Array

School
    10th Planet Jacksonville
    I think 19 people got medals, if that's true then that's pretty f'ng good, not to mention at least 6 DQ's for BS rules.

Array

School
    10th Planet San Francisco
    I don't think the results invalidate the system, but I would like to know why guys who divide their time between gi and no-gi aren't having more difficulty against guys who devote themselves exclusively to no-gi.

Array

School
    10th Planet Jiu Jitsu Redlands
    Quote Originally Posted by David Stager View Post
    I don't think the results invalidate the system, but I would like to know why guys who divide their time between gi and no-gi aren't having more difficulty against guys who devote themselves exclusively to no-gi.
    This is why:
    http://www.10thplanetjj.com/threads/...Add-yours-here

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast