Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Array

School
    Roger Gracie Academy
    Quote Originally Posted by derrick ikwueme View Post
    i'm not under 18, & not trying to offend, but english greats such as bobby charlton, bobby robson, kenny daglish, all say the same thing, in regards to british futbol, & lets not mention wembelton. & the klitchkos are old, boxing is hanging on to whoever it can lol
    Dude seriously you need to stop embarassing yourself. Anyone with the slightest knowledge of these sports can tell you obviously have no idea what you are talking about. If you can't get the bare basics right then that destroys any credibility you think you have.

To Andy thanks for clarifying the Lennox Lewis situation. Since he represented Canada at the Olympics and not Britain people just didn't take to him like Bruno. I let that racist remark from Derrick pass by because I thought he was just a little kid. However he says he is not apparently so not sure what to really say about that.

Array

School
    10th Planet Earth
    I do not like to be referred to as British...I am from England

Royce has been teaching seminars here for at least 12 years...

Array

School
    Super Gym, Knutsford
    the problem is that when it comes to any sport that requires technique & creativity, british people tend to struggle, Futbol, Boxing, Jiujitsu, mma, whatever, especially in futbol, the EPL or barclays premier league is the only league on earth where players with little to no skills with the ball can make millions of dollars, thats why very few brits can make it playing in conttinnental europe like Spain, Germany ect. british coaches at youth level put little value in technique & thats why even American soccer players like myself have way better technique then british soccer players. but it's not there fault, the UK wether just doesn't enspire creativity. & that shit goes back to there old military tactics of just taking turns shooting each other & thats why the colonys won using indian gurrilla tactics, the brits are playing tactical catch up in all sports
    Good grief, I think that's the most simultaneously generalised and patronising block of text I've ever read! I'll respectfully disagree with you on this subject I think Derrick.

Array

School
    Peter De Been Caroline Springs
    on one hand.. blatant racism... on the other.. why the heck did he bring up football..?

Array

School
    10th Planet Earth
    Bollocks Derrick

Array

School
    vortex jiujitsu
    Liverpool , Chelsea, United, my club Arsenal, are all great clubs, but i'm not talking about club success records, i'm talking about the English players vs everyone else in terms of technique & creativity, & it's no secret that british players are lacking in technique, & lets not act like the English FA hasn't had many quote '' root & branch '' analysis of whats wrong with English futbol & the lack of technical development. certainly after the failure to qualify for euro 2008. & perhaps the 5-1 thrashing by Germany in 2010 lol, how does this relate too jiujitsu ?, well both are similar in that developing technique allows you to unlock your creativity if you have it. if your not a naturally creative person then you'll just be really technical but not creative. creativity is truly the driving force behind all jusjiujitsu, especially 10th planet, & creativity can't be unlocked without developing a certain amount of technique. with futbol & jiujitsu, i found in the early goings that i would have ideas in my head that i could not perform with my body until i developed a certain level of technique & that technique unlocked my creativity. it's no accident that the brazilians are the most technical & creative in both arts. the English invented futbol & the brazilians taught everyone how to play, the japanese invented jiujitsu, & the brazilians taught everyone how to play that too lol

Array

School
    Martial Arts Progression, Hartlepool, UK
    if you're not trying to offend anyone: why are are you persisting with your xenophobia, when it's been made clear you are offending people? as far as i'm aware, it IS an accident the brazilians are the most technical and creative in football and jiu jitsu. the accident of the gracie brothers only being taught the beginnings of judo (and figuring out the rest as they went) led to brazil having the longest contact with the art.
    the grinding poverty many brazilians find themselves in prevents a large number from being able to attend school or afford proper sports equipment. these two factors led many brazilians to come up with, and spend many hours using, substitute balls. in most cases these homemade balls were denser and slightly irregular in weight distribution, which leads to an increased ability to control the ball. this practice has since been put into practice in youth academies around the world, even in places where they refer to the sport as 'futbol'.
    you may also have noticed that you are the only one lol'ing at your comments. please stop

Array

School
    searching
    England gave birth to one of the best sports on the planet, Rugby!

Array

School
    Roger Gracie Academy
    Liverpool , Chelsea, United, my club Arsenal, are all great clubs, but i'm not talking about club success records, i'm talking about the English players vs everyone else in terms of technique & creativity, & it's no secret that british players are lacking in technique, & lets not act like the English FA hasn't had many quote '' root & branch '' analysis of whats wrong with English futbol & the lack of technical development. certainly after the failure to qualify for euro 2008. & perhaps the 5-1 thrashing by Germany in 2010 lol, how does this relate too jiujitsu ?, well both are similar in that developing technique allows you to unlock your creativity if you have it. if your not a naturally creative person then you'll just be really technical but not creative. creativity is truly the driving force behind all jusjiujitsu, especially 10th planet, & creativity can't be unlocked without developing a certain amount of technique. with futbol & jiujitsu, i found in the early goings that i would have ideas in my head that i could not perform with my body until i developed a certain level of technique & that technique unlocked my creativity. it's no accident that the brazilians are the most technical & creative in both arts. the English invented futbol & the brazilians taught everyone how to play, the japanese invented jiujitsu, & the brazilians taught everyone how to play that too lol
    Derrick man just do yourself a favour and quit. Seriously dude I'm embarassed for you! Like I said before but it seems to go in one ear and out the other, if you can't get the basics right you have no credibility at all in any discussion. You have already thoroughly proved beyond doubt you know very little about Boxing. You then racially tarnish an entire nation due to extreme ignorance and if you can't even get scorelines, dates, clubs or even spell player's name correctly then you know very little about Football either. Also people here are too polite to have a go at your spelling and Grammar but at least try to spell 'Football' correctly. It has never been spelt as 'Futbol'.

I really hope for your sake that you are just a kid as that would explain alot. If not then you need to lay off the Weed and try to come back to some kind of reality. It's nonsense comments like your most recent that gives people the false impression that Weed kills brain cells!!

Array

School
    Super Gym, Knutsford
    English grammer, by the way, is something you might want to consider learning a bit more thoroughly. Just a suggestion - and one you're entirely within your rights to ignore.

Apologies to everyone for keeping this thread off-topic but I have to ask:

I'm genuinely curious, are you suggesting that English people as a general rule are not creative? That's the sense I get from what you've said so far in this thread.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast