Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Array

School
    Newborn Cascao

What did you pay for your tatoo?

I looking into getting a tattoo, and i am wondering what people normally pay for a good tattoo.
    I want to know what to expect.
    Do they brake it up by the hour or the piece?

Array

School
    Ground Control Winston-Salem/10th Planet Charlotte
    It is not as simple as how much a lot factors into the price. Placement, how elaborate is the design? Amount of colors you use.The size of the tattoo. Is it flash or original art? Last and to me the most important question how good is the tattoo artist?

Array

School
    10th Planet Decatur
    Yea. Its hard to say what they will charge. It all depends on alot of different factors. Its best just to go check out the shops and ask people about the shops in your area.

Array

School
    Newborn Cascao
    So what did you guy's pay and for what type of tattoo?

Array

School
    10th planet charlotte
    location to..my buddy has a arm piece he got in a small town in nc.....he wanted a exact copy and the two studios we were at in atlanta both wanted twice as much .

Array

School
    10TH Planet Morgantown
    As everyone else said, factors. On average custom work (not from a famous artist) is about $100 per hour. One thing to consider is color or not. Giving the price range I just mentioned color work does take longer. Here is the top half of my unfinished sleeve.
    [IMG][/IMG]
    Last edited by Neale Hoerle; 09-09-2010 at 08:07 PM.

Array

School
    10th Planet Riverside
    I worked in a tattoo shop and usually if it's a big piece you'll get charge by the hour instead of a fixed price.
    If we are talking smallish ink it will depend on the size of it and how intense your design is. Last but not least lol by your face lol be douchey and annoying and somehow the price might go up a few hundred hahaha.
    So be super nice come with as much pictures/drawing/ideas as you can and it should be sweet lol
    Or if you got the exact design it's probably the best!

Some places do charge extra if they have to draw your design others don't kinda included in the price. And other places will charge you for a "consultation" with the tattooist so you guys can discuss what you actually want and all.

Just make sure that your artist is good... A good indication is the price lol the more you pay usually the better will your ink turn out. That shit ain't come cheap.
    All tattooist got they specialty. Pick one that suits what you want
    Last edited by John Alighieri; 09-09-2010 at 08:03 PM.

Array

School
    Liverpool Vale Tudo
    My artist charges £70 an hour, which is about $115 dollars

Array

School
    10TH Planet Morgantown
    JC... It's very interesting to learn that UK prices are consistent with the US. Cool

Array

School
    Ground Control Baltimore City
    All I've got to say is DON'T budget shop. Not that I know this from experience but it shows. I managed to get a tattoo on my back (which I will maybe post later) for around $400 that is shoulder to shoulder, from the base of my neck to the middle of my back with 3 basic colors for that much.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast