Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Array

School
    Ronin
    Quote Originally Posted by La'a Ke One Hanau a La'a View Post

as far as sarcasm goes, I can take it, I just expected more from a senior student. That's not the conduct that I was raised in through out my upbringing as a martial artist.
    Luckily for us being a bad ass brown belt doesn't suck the sense of humor right out of a person and luckily for the guys in NY being funny doesn't inhibit your ability to be a bad ass coach if anything it helps apparent by the success of 10th planet Rochester.

"make babies" best jj analogy ever! and its funny.
    formerly known as jmw0582

Array

School
    Ronin
    thats not me in the video. It's a video I found on you tube. I'm the person who's illustrated in my avatar. La'a is my real name and maybe you have a point on the training vids instead of the forum. My reason for stating my case is simply i wasn't under the impression that an honest question would receive such hostile replies from people that I thought shared common interests.
    The only person with a hostile reply was me and that's because I thought you were trolling. I just couldn't believe anybody would take that video serious. Considering it was one of your first post under a fake name I would say it was an honest mistake.
    formerly known as jmw0582

Quote Originally Posted by Jonathan Wylie View Post
    Luckily for us being a bad ass brown belt doesn't suck the sense of humor right out of a person and luckily for the guys in NY being funny doesn't inhibit your ability to be a bad ass coach if anything it helps apparent by the success of 10th planet Rochester.

"make babies" best jj analogy ever! and its funny.
    Someone better check Herzogs ass for hickie marks after that post.

Array

School
    10th Planet Rochester
    upon review I guess your comments were meant to be sarcastic, something you'd expect from a super moderator...
    Hang around more sarcasm to come...
    i wasnt aware that this was how 10th planet affiliates show appreciation to people who've spent 60 bucks to be here and genuinely discuss matters of jiujitsu.
    I sure wouldn’t know about appreciation, I make sure not to spend countless hours here moderating the forum, answering questions, and shooting several hours of technique footage per month, for free.

know it's an open forum, and there's bound to be people who just wanna spit non sense, but I was genuine in seeing if others could see the potential in what took some honest time and effort for this guy to create. Much like how eddie originally bagged on double bagger, after it's rather short time of being "proven" it is now the stable of many 10th planet practitioners.
    I'm saving you the embarrassment of working on a technique that was so highly advanced it had to be taught by someone with 4 months experience, filmed in a living room, on his 9 month pregnant wife, after the oh so generous instructor watched another technique video based on advanced speculation, the week prior. He must have appreciated his viewers so much he spent countless minutes developing this fine series of movements and transitions.
    I'm sure Sean spent several moments developing and experimenting with the Double Bagger while rolling with his grandmother on a card board box in his attic, prior to sharing it with Eddie.

for someone of your rank and responsibility, I'd just expect more encouragement and less newbie white belt behavior behind a key board.
    Your right I'll should be posting more videos of guys with no practical grappling experience, to show how responsible I am.

all the best on your journey to a black belt.
    Sarcasm, I think you’re getting it!

opening doors is what makes a teacher great, not closing them...
    I'm sorry, I thought spending a life time of dedication and energy into a coaching is what makes a good teacher, I'm confused a to what doors have to do with it.
    Last edited by Chris Herzog; 11-13-2011 at 10:27 AM.
    Check out my instructional website:www.zogipedia.com

Head Coach 10th Planet Jiu Jitsu Rochester www.10thplanetjiujitsurochester.com

Array

School
    Counter Violence LLC
    thats not me in the video. It's a video I found on you tube. I'm the person who's illustrated in my avatar. La'a is my real name and maybe you have a point on the training vids instead of the forum. My reason for stating my case is simply i wasn't under the impression that an honest question would receive such hostile replies from people that I thought shared common interests.

Ke one Hanau is the hawaiian translation of my last name and I intend to change it shortly.

as far as sarcasm goes, I can take it, I just expected more from a senior student. That's not the conduct that I was raised in through out my upbringing as a martial artist.

ps thanx for the grammar check
    Don't read it as hostility, brother. This forum deals with a ton of people here to troll, but props to you for not throwing hate everywhere when you felt hated on.

I've submitted craptastic techniques on here for review too, and they got called out for being craptastic. By and large nobody sugarcoats anything. You can't take that personal. If I ask about a 'stupid' technique and a high ranked person like Zog personally calls it stupid, I feel honored that a major player like that took an interest in my training and took a moment to steer me in a better direction. If I feel insulted by the answer, that's on me and I need to control my ego.

Your name is exotic, so I hope you can understand why people thought it was made up. (see also, my big joke of a last name)

You seem pretty well spoken, so I hope to see more of you around on here. Don't feel discouraged.
    Last edited by Dylan Ehrnreiter; 11-14-2011 at 08:09 AM. Reason: typo

Array

School
    Carlson Gracie Miami/10P Miami/Ft. Laud Hotbox remnant
    Anyone test out this series yet? Upper back bite into vulture claw seems brutal.

Array

School
    10th Planet Rochester
    Quote Originally Posted by Dylan Ehrnreiter View Post
    Don't read it as hostility, brother. This forum deals with a ton of people here to troll, but props to you for not throwing hate everywhere when you felt hated on.

I've submitted craptastic techniques on here for review too, and they got called out for being craptastic. By and large nobody sugarcoats anything. You can't take that personal. If I ask about a 'stupid' technique and a high ranked person like Zog personally calls it stupid, I feel honored that a major player like that took an interest in my training and took a moment to steer me in a better direction. If I feel insulted by the answer, that's on me and I need to control my ego.

Your name is exotic, so I hope you can understand why people thought it was made up. (see also, my big joke of a last name)

You seem pretty well spoken, so I hope to see more of you around on here. Don't feel discouraged.

I disagree with your interpretation of my response to your video posted. I have never told anyone here that something they personally demonstrated was stupid. For the the record Dylan this was my response to your technique video, not even close to calling it "stupid":

"I suggest as a white belt and blue belt focus on the basics, all to often people are worried about trying to invent something, which is starting to become a trend here. There is a huge diffrence between having an "open mind" and having a "mind wide open".

Spend your time (YEARS) on tested, proven techniques. Become proficient at them. Then work on the exploratory side of Jiu Jitsu, you'll have a solid foundation and understanding by then so you have a general idea if its going to work or not, so you won't have to ask other white belts there opinion on a technique. "
    Check out my instructional website:www.zogipedia.com

Head Coach 10th Planet Jiu Jitsu Rochester www.10thplanetjiujitsurochester.com

Array

School
    10th Planet Jiu Jitsu
    Honestly man after getting the first arm trapped, that RNC is there for the taking. Watch BJ Penn as soon as he traps that arm youre done for. Theres a very low percentage that youll defend two arms with your one. So the rest is pure flash and in the end pointless. Whats the point in going through that entire path when you have higher percentage subs right there.
    Double bagging has a purpose. To keep better control when going through the basic path. Whats the Master Lock series point?
    If you can hit this at a high percentage on guys at your level, more power to you. If you see the possibilities and figure out a way to make it work do it and prove us wrong.
    Last edited by Brent Smith; 11-14-2011 at 09:57 AM.
    #10thplanetFREAKS

Array

School
    Counter Violence LLC

My apologies Chris. That's not what I meant to infer. Let me clarify:

I didn't mean to suggest that you called one of my vids 'stupid.' I was trying to speak hypothetically. I only mean to imply that IF I posted a bad idea and someone of your stature shot it down as a bad idea that I should be honored that you cared enough to reply.

My bad.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123