Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Array

School
    Nova Uniao BJ Penns MMAA
    I didn't show bj this, though I wonder what he would think. He and his bros are heavy into that advanced detailed basics kinda style. They kinda stick to your more traditional stuff, but with an emphasis on details that raise percentages. I've moved to Kona too, so training in Hilo is a bit rough.

To chris herzog, u mind giving more of a technical analysis of what you think about this systems mechanics.

As i said earlier, stepping back and threading the arm in real time seems to be the harderst part, but it's all down hil from there.

Array

School
    AJ Sousa BJJ Center
    It seems that the threading the arm part may be easier with the more tightness and constant pressure you put on the opponent. I havent tried it but it looks effective with the body positioning and leverage you create handcuffing both arms like that.

Array

School
    Ronin (10thP Rochester roots)
    Quote Originally Posted by chris herzog View Post
    basing a new series of movements, with only a week of "playing with it" based on another unproven series of movements is a great way to create new techniques. I highly recommend it!
    looool

Array

School
    Carlson Gracie Miami/10P Miami/Ft. Laud Hotbox remnant
    Quote Originally Posted by La'a Ke One Hanau a La'a View Post
    I still don't understand what trolling is... I sent an im to ask what your reply meant. I thought trolling was when someone only had something negative to bring to an online discussion.

I was genuinely being serious about asking peoples opinion on this position. It's quite old, and I've messed around with it here and there. I figured maybe some other 10th planet heads would have seen it or have a valid opinion, on it.

I dunno, I see it's potential...
    One example of trolling would be trying to pass off something like this as a "legitimate martial art with value."

Array

School
    Quote Originally Posted by Chris Herzog View Post
    Basing a new series of movements, with only a week of "playing with it" based on another unproven series of movements is a great way to create new techniques. I highly recommend it!
    Solid coach Zog!

Array

School
    Nova Uniao BJ Penns MMAA
    upon review I guess your comments were meant to be sarcastic, something you'd expect from a super moderator...

i wasnt aware that this was how 10th planet affiliates show appreciation to people who've spent 60 bucks to be here and genuinely discuss matters of jiujitsu.

I know it's an open forum, and there's bound to be people who just wanna spit non sense, but I was genuine in seeing if others could see the potential in what took some honest time and effort for this guy to create. Much like how eddie originally bagged on double bagger, after it's rather short time of being "proven" it is now the stable of many 10th planet practitioners.

for someone of your rank and responsibility, I'd just expect more encouragement and less newbie white belt behavior behind a key board.

all the best on your journey to a black belt.

opening doors is what makes a teacher great, not closing them...

Array

School
    Ronin
    It's you in the video right?
    Why don't you use your real name like Eddie has requested?
    You did not pay $60 to be here you paid $60 for the mts techniques. By the way me and a lot of other people have paid around $240 for those same techniques so we are not impressed.
    Bottom line the technique is bullshit. If you are not a crybaby who can't take it sarcasm can be a great way of illustrating a point which is what Zog was trying to do in an attempt to keep you from wasting your time on this shit.
    formerly known as jmw0582

Array

School
    Ronin

I know it's an open forum, and there's bound to be people who just wanna spit non sense, but I was genuine in seeing if others could see the potential in what took some honest time and effort for this guy to create. Much like how eddie originally bagged on double bagger, after it's rather short time of being "proven" it is now the stable of many 10th planet practitioners.
    A stable is where you keep a horse. I believe the word you were looking for is staple.
    formerly known as jmw0582

Array

School
    Nova Uniao BJ Penns MMAA
    thats not me in the video. It's a video I found on you tube. I'm the person who's illustrated in my avatar. La'a is my real name and maybe you have a point on the training vids instead of the forum. My reason for stating my case is simply i wasn't under the impression that an honest question would receive such hostile replies from people that I thought shared common interests.

Ke one Hanau is the hawaiian translation of my last name and I intend to change it shortly.

as far as sarcasm goes, I can take it, I just expected more from a senior student. That's not the conduct that I was raised in through out my upbringing as a martial artist.

ps thanx for the grammar check

Array

School
    as far as sarcasm goes, I can take it, I just expected more from a senior student. That's not the conduct that I was raised in through out my upbringing as a martial artist.
    Welcome to the forums =D.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast