Page 6 of 22 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast
    Array

School
    10th Planet Mobile
    It's a shame. Some did voice opinions a little harshly but being on this forum as long as he has, he should know that the members on here will voice their honest opinions and deliver tough love as needed. I hope he won't remove Cora from jiu jitsu but a bruised ego is hard to heal for some people.

And Brandon, that is awesome about Tyler!! :-)

Array

School
    SimGo Cobra Kai
    I have deleted a lot of posts to Bruce in the past, glad to see people who are in the system be so honest with him.

Quote Originally Posted by brent_littell View Post
    I have shut my mouth about your weird fascination with your daughter’s bjj, but I will speak up now: I am creeped out by it. The constant discussion and posting about her and the sport that you don’t do is odd. The fact that you want to take more children under your wing makes me feel icky too. Why do you want to be around all these kids and only kids? You set off all kinds of alarms with your level of fascination. I’m not saying you’re an offender, but it sure starts pointing in that direction if you keep moving forward with attracting kids to your flock.
    By the way, why do you want to teach just kids? Is it cause they don’t have a bullshit meter yet? If you tried to teach an adult class, you would get smashed on and that would be your first and last day of teaching. However, with kids, you can act like an expert and they won’t know any better...
    Whatever your feelings about Bruce, Brent is out of line... shit was harsh. I'm not ranked in 10th Planet but I love the system and Brent pretty much tainted the whole thing for me. He basically accused Bruce of being a pedophile with no evidence, dude left the system because of that post. I have a ton of respect for anyone who puts in the time and effort to achieve their dreams and a Black Belt on top of that. But that was wrong! Straight up wrong!

BTW I agree with Brent and everyone else about everything being said about Bruce teaching Jiu Jitsu, but that post was full of venom that I have never seen on this forum before.
    Last edited by Martin.Harris; 08-24-2013 at 02:34 PM.

Array

School
    10th Planet Ann Arbor/ Ronin
    Idk i personally am a father also and although my son is young still(4) i found it a lil off putting sometimes of his stuff. I thought Bruce was a very nice guy talked to him a couple few times threw fb but with that said the constant videos and pics and almost obsessing over his daughter is a lil much. Its great to be involved with your kids but sometimes to much is to much. Personally if I thought it a lil weird had to be other people also Brent just put it out there in an unfiltered straight to the punch kind of way that you can either respect or dislike. Usually when someone gets that bent out of shape over a statement like that then something in there hit a lil bit to close to home. Either way i hope Cora is still gonna train and hope after some time Bruce comes to his senses and comes back.

Array

School
    10th Planet JJ Fort Lauderdale HB
    Quote Originally Posted by DavidHamp View Post
    Idk i personally am a father also and although my son is young still(4) i found it a lil off putting sometimes of his stuff. I thought Bruce was a very nice guy talked to him a couple few times threw fb but with that said the constant videos and pics and almost obsessing over his daughter is a lil much. Its great to be involved with your kids but sometimes to much is to much. Personally if I thought it a lil weird had to be other people also Brent just put it out there in an unfiltered straight to the punch kind of way that you can either respect or dislike. Usually when someone gets that bent out of shape over a statement like that then something in there hit a lil bit to close to home. Either way i hope Cora is still gonna train and hope after some time Bruce comes to his senses and comes back.
    This is what I was tryin to say but this is said much better lol

Array

School
    10th Planet Grants Pass
    Quote Originally Posted by Crystal Rushing View Post
    It's a shame. Some did voice opinions a little harshly but being on this forum as long as he has, he should know that the members on here will voice their honest opinions and deliver tough love as needed. I hope he won't remove Cora from jiu jitsu but a bruised ego is hard to heal for some people.

And Brandon, that is awesome about Tyler!! :-)
    If you think about it, he never got the normal treatment , being that he was such an enthusiastic supporter of his daughter keept the usual bluntness/honesty of the forum members at bay.

I admit my first impression was of an overzealous father living vicariously through his daughter, which made a little more sense when he said he had a bad shoulder (i thought it was a congelital deforemity but im sure guys with worse have played jiu jitsu at whatever level they could)

Sure Brent Littell implied he might be a child molester, that's kinda harsh. maybe Jesus Brent! But Bruce is a grown-ass man and Brent despite being an important black belt in the system is still one guy (with a huge pair of balls) Seems like the first moment he was told something he didn't like to hear, he got all upset and left, citing the child molester accusation as his reason. I'd say its fairly obvious that the real reason is that he was getting some tough love in the form of a reality check. Making such a emotional statement and then un-friending everyone was a bitch move. If he takes cora out of jiujitsu that would be a giant bitch move.

I was always hoping to one day see a post from cora herself.
    Last edited by Aaron Gustaveson; 08-24-2013 at 02:59 PM.

Array

School
    10th Planet Grants Pass

Quote Originally Posted by Martin.Harris View Post
    Whatever your feelings about Bruce, Brent is out of line... shit was harsh. I'm not ranked in 10th Planet but I love the system and Brent pretty much tainted the whole thing for me. He basically accused Bruce of being a pedophile with no evidence, dude left the system because of that post.

mehh- imagine if he had been posting on the UG or sherdog, he would have been called a pedophile after his very first thread. If anything the amount of time he spent posting on the forum before anyone called him out is praise for this place. I stopped reading his posts after the first week he got on here but I held my tongue as did many others. There a ton of fair-weather 10th Planet Fanboys all over the internet with little to no training claiming they are 10P4L and die hard practitioners because they throw a patch on their shorts and grab their foot. Bruce was one of those except he stopped before trying to even grab his foot. Cora has a ton of potential if she doesn't end up burnt out and hating jiu jitsu by the time she hits high school.

Bruce was coddled for a long time with friendly suggestions he start training, helpful advice and encouragement, it wasn't until he started talking full on creep style with the potential for contributing to injuries to children that he was checked. This is BJJ, people can be taught and shown, but every now and then you get gut checked and your ego is bruised. You get better or you give up. He made his choice.

Quote Originally Posted by Martin.Harris View Post
    that post was full of venom that I have never seen on this forum before.
    browse the threads a little more and you'll see it happen every now and then, and that's not necessarily a bad thing. Some time a little venom is needed
    Last edited by Kevin Gibbs; 08-24-2013 at 03:04 PM.

Array

School
    10th Planet Grants Pass
    True but UG and sherdog are full of hateful trolls.

Array

School
    10th Planet JJ Fort Lauderdale HB
    Quote Originally Posted by aaron gustaveson View Post
    gold!!

Page 6 of 22 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast