Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Array

School
    Rhyno's Gym

Latest competition videos! I d'arced a 2x Pan Am gold medalist!

Hey guys i just wanted to share my latest competition videos from this weekend! I competed in the Extreme Grappling Open (EGO) in Greenwood, Indiana on Saturday earning first place in the blue belt super featherweight (132-144.9lbs) gi division and third place in the intermediate nogi division at the same weight!
    The highlight of my grappling career thus far came from submitting two time Pan Am gold medalist Justin Court in the finals of the gi division!

I appreciate any comments, advice, critiques or criticism that you guys have for me! Thanks in advance!

This video is the opening round of the gi division against Jon Heath.

Array

School
    Rhyno's Gym
    This video is my match from the finals of the gi division against Justin Court!

Array

School
    Rhyno's Gym
    This is my match from the opening round of the nogi division against the same guy i faced in the opening round of the gi division, Jon Heath.

Array

School
    Rhyno's Gym
    This was my only loss of the day and my toughest match by far. It was in the semi finals of the nogi division against Michael Shields. I think this match shows a lot of the holes in my game so to speak so i would really appreciate any advice or critiques that you guys have for me here!

Array

School
    Rhyno's Gym
    This was my last match of the day for third place in the nogi division against a very tough and game Seth Ritchie. Seth is only 14 years old but has an enormous amount of potential. Mad respect to him for stepping up to compete against grown men and doing well enough to earn a match for third place! This kid is going to be a monster someday soon!!!

Thanks for checking out these videos everyone, i appreciate any and all advice that you guys can send my way! Thanks!

Array

School
    10th Planet Chicago
    Quote Originally Posted by Logan Cook View Post
    This video is my match from the finals of the gi division against Justin Court! Video Link: http://youtu.be/qPvOV_JUKKk
    You dove on that thing like a bat out of hell, something that will up your finishing percentage or at least it's helped me, is that when you finish in that M'arce position try and get him on his hip, it'll increase your ability to squeeze and also make it suck for him exponentially more. Keep up the good stuff I really enjoy watching you compete.

Array

School
    Aspiring 10th Planet Fans/Alpha Tae Kwon Do
    Wow....haven't clicked into any of the vids but looks like ur cardio and endurance def was exercised! Mad props bro...

Array

School
    Rhyno's Gym
    Quote Originally Posted by John Mejia View Post
    You dove on that thing like a bat out of hell, something that will up your finishing percentage or at least it's helped me, is that when you finish in that M'arce position try and get him on his hip, it'll increase your ability to squeeze and also make it suck for him exponentially more. Keep up the good stuff I really enjoy watching you compete.
    Thanks bro, I really appreciate it! Can you explain what you mean a little more about finishing the m'arce? What hip do I want to try to get him on? The same side as the arm that's in on the choke? Are you just trying to lean/rock your whole body back to get him there?

Array

School
    10Th Planet Jiu Jitsu San Francisco
    Sick D'arce, Good work

Array

School
    Rhyno's Gym
    Quote Originally Posted by DENNY PROKOPOS View Post
    Sick D'arce, Good work
    Thanks a lot Denny! That means a lot to hear that from you!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast