Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Array

School
    cobra kai

What do you take to recover from bjj?

I've been feeling lethargic in class lately. Haven't changed my diet, so I don't think it's that.

Do you guys take any supps for bjj? Do you take protein? If so, does it help? I stopped taking protein after my weight training days. Didn't like the digestive problems it gave me. now I'm just taking multi vitamins, cod liver oil, beef liver tablets and zinc.

Array

School
    Drysdale Jiu Jitsu EP
    BCAA branch chain amino acid is amazing! Does wonders for my recovery . Beta alanine is helps delay muscle fatigue and can help from getting tired during training.

Array

School
    10th Planet Ronin
    beer and ice cream!!!!!!

Array

School
    10WO
    Maybe try some magnesium citrate tabs? Also very important: sleep. Make sure you are getting enough. You can put all the supplements you need in the tank, but if you don't let your body heal adequately you are doing yourself a major disservice.

You mentioned weight training, how often are you lifting and how do you structure your lifts? Short sessions but extremely intensive or more marathon 1hr plus sessions? Maybe try dialing it back to 2 or 3 tops per week if you feel you are recovering from them ok, but try to hit it hard with major lifts (squats, deadlifts, presses) and keep it as short a session as possible. I like being able to lift weights when I'm able to, but between jiu-jitsu and weight lifting, jiu jitsu is always higher on my priorities. If the weight lifting ever got to be too much of a toll on my body, I'd take a break from it for a week or so.

Array

School
    10th Planet Chicago
    Quote Originally Posted by ml82 View Post
    I've been feeling lethargic in class lately. Haven't changed my diet, so I don't think it's that.

Do you guys take any supps for bjj? Do you take protein? If so, does it help? I stopped taking protein after my weight training days. Didn't like the digestive problems it gave me. now I'm just taking multi vitamins, cod liver oil, beef liver tablets and zinc.
    Pizza

Array

School
    Marc Walder BJJ Academy, Essex, UK
    Recently started on ZMA, maybe its psychosomatic but I feel that I recover a lot faster now after hard rolling sessions.

Array

School
    "Oil Slix" shirtless BJJ Club
    A beer, man.. I thought it was crazy but something like a miller 64 (didn't say it had to be manly) works well.

no sources to confirm or deny...
    "Blame the IBJJF when, in 30 years you see an academy that nails the phrase, "A Red belt is a Junior black belt that hasn't died yet" on the far wall."

Array

School
    10th Planet Walnut Creek
    From the San Francisco Bay Area California.
    Two bong rips and nap.

Array

School
    Sunbury Jiu Jitsu
    coke and hookers

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast