Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Even franky edgar cuts.. he only "cuts" 3-5ish lbs :P.. basically takes a shit and hes set. Controlling peoples weight is incredibly difficult. Even with same day weigh ins people will cut weight. Its just part of the sport... If you empty your bowels you lose a solid 10 lbs. More if you're heavier.. can't monitor someone doing that lol.

If Johnson cuts that much weight there is no way hes 100%.. you should be able to wear him out. If wrestling wasn't a factor chances are hardy would have won that fight.. standing and striking he would have had the advantage.. and Johnson would have gassed.

If every aspect was completely equal then its a tough call. Some people believe cutting weight enhances your performance(Johnson obviously does).. others like Edgar don't. I don't think it will ever stop being part of the sport.

Me personally am in the middle on the matter.. if people want or don't want to cut more power to them. I do both depending on time of the year and how much free time I have.

Quote Originally Posted by stlnl View Post
    No GSP would not have to move up. He doesnt cut a ton of water, and I have seen, with my own eyes a guy make 170, and then fight at 191 the same night with same day weigh ins. The thing is it would be dangerous as hell in a high level pro fight (the fight I mention was amatuer and the guy had a mismatch advantage, so its not like he had to fight a long time, just crushed the other guy).
    going purely on pictures from weigh ins.. Of course this is purely assumption based on pictures lol.. but he is definitely cutting water and I'd venture to say more then you think based on how much his skin sticks. Probably about half that weight...

Array

School
    Finney's in St. Louis! H.I.T. Squad in Granite City!
    Quote Originally Posted by Pourya S View Post
    Even franky edgar cuts.. he only "cuts" 3-5ish lbs :P.. basically takes a shit and hes set. Controlling peoples weight is incredibly difficult. Even with same day weigh ins people will cut weight. Its just part of the sport... If you empty your bowels you lose a solid 10 lbs. More if you're heavier.. can't monitor someone doing that lol.

If Johnson cuts that much weight there is no way hes 100%.. you should be able to wear him out. If wrestling wasn't a factor chances are hardy would have won that fight.. standing and striking he would have had the advantage.. and Johnson would have gassed.

If every aspect was completely equal then its a tough call. Some people believe cutting weight enhances your performance(Johnson obviously does).. others like Edgar don't. I don't think it will ever stop being part of the sport.

Me personally am in the middle on the matter.. if people want or don't want to cut more power to them. I do both depending on time of the year and how much free time I have.
    You have 10 lb shits? lol maybe i don't get enough fiber or something but I sometimes weigh myself before and after a shit and the most I've ever lost from taking a shit and urinating was 1.5lbs.

Array

School
    10th Planet Riverside
    I think he means colon cleansing. You can easily drop 10lbs. Not everything goes when you take a dump mostly when you got the length of a tennis court in intestines.
    "Never go full retard"
    Instagram, Facebook, Twitter and Periscope @10P4L

Array

School
    Finney's in St. Louis! H.I.T. Squad in Granite City!
    Hey baby... Interested in a little colon cleansing? ;-)

Array

School
    Carlson Gracie Miami/10P Miami/Ft. Laud Hotbox remnant
    Quote Originally Posted by prowess View Post
    Hey baby... Interested in a little colon cleansing? ;-)
    Best pickup line ever!
    60% of the time, it works everytime.

Ya and reach and height should be considered as well
    Look at jon jones
    Fucking 84.5 inch reach and everybody else in lhw is what 74? Its bullshit take jones' height and reach away snd hes shit
    Put him into heavyweight and he would get man-handled

Array

School
    UFC Gym -- Thomas Kenney
    I'm sorry folks...but this takes on the same type of argument people used to say about Shaq. Well hell if he wasn't 7 feet tall he would suck? well he is 7 feet tall. Same thing with genetics. Sports is not fair by it's very nature. Some people are born fast, some people are born to be able to have power or take punishment. It's not even like Rumble is a world champion. Dude's not beating GSP....he beat a mid carder. His last fight he got finished off so it even isn't like the guy is unbeatable. Dan Hardy lost to a superior fighter.

Not true anderson as far as im concerned is the only grappler that doesnt have wrestling
    (idk about cruz, or aldo) but look at cain, (brock), gsp, dan henderson, frankie edgar, and jones all great wrestlers
    Jj doesnt rule like it used to
    Thats where 10th planet helps though

Array

School
    Gracie Barra Orlando
    rules are rules. quit cryin.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast