Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Array

School
    Finney's in St. Louis! H.I.T. Squad in Granite City!
    Quote Originally Posted by Harry Evans View Post
    I hope someone did not already say this (I haven't had time to read the whole thread yet), but what about multiple weigh ins? Why not have guys weigh in 4 weeks before, 2 weeks before, and day before? I'd like to see Anthony Johnson make 170 in that case. Seems like it would be a way to moderate weight cutting without getting rid of the system entirely, or without preventing someone who is 2 lbs over from losing it
    i like this idea.

I don't :P but I resist change.. and weight cutting as been a strategy aspect of this type of sport for a long... long.. time(also with that "rule" you could still put away 20ish lbs.. best deterrent is hydration tests.. and literally banning weight cutting..).

I'm with Davis on this.. this doesn't seem like a discussion on weight cutting at all but just people that are upset that Hardy lost and blame it on Johnsons ability to cut a lot of weight when that may have only been a very small part of the reason Hardy actually lost.

Has anyone even given a solid argument as to why the rule should be reexamined other then just because? I personally still see it as a fighters choice whether he does or not. He has to weigh his options and decide if it actually gives him an advantage.

Array

School
    Gracie Barra Orlando
    Quote Originally Posted by Brent Elton View Post
    Ya and reach and height should be considered as well
    Look at jon jones
    Fucking 84.5 inch reach and everybody else in lhw is what 74? Its bullshit take jones' height and reach away snd hes shit
    Put him into heavyweight and he would get man-handled

i hope this was sarcastic...

Array

School
    10th Planet Costa Mesa
    If mma was easy. More people would do it. Weight Cutting is a part of the game. Just like wrestling. Next you'll be saying anybody with a wrestling advantage shouldn't be allowed to compete with Hardy.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456